What hair products do you use?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by MrCooperS, Aug 15, 2011.

1. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

I'm always into different clays and waxes to style my hair. I always find something better and better but never really anything perfect. Watching TVB, I always wondered how the guys have their hair so perfectly sculpted and layered. I always wondered what kind of wax they use and what hair spray to match it. If you have a secret please share. Here's a couple I used and what I think. I may have used more, but I just can't remember right now.

American Crew Classic Wax and Fiber Wax

[​IMG]

I've used both, and they suck. It smells bad, like it's from the 60s. The texture is like elmers glue. It's shiny, oily and can't hold anything. It clumps up your hair into a mess. And it's hard to wash off.

Gatsby Matte Grunge

[​IMG]

Good for medium to longer hair (for guys) and easy to style. I love the dry look and texture to it. It's great for twisting hair to bunches. But not a big fan of the stickiness. It's also a very fine line of too much or too little. Too little and it wears off. Too much and it clumps your hair into thick spikes.

Spice Sisters Freeze Wax

[​IMG]

Currently using this right now. It's great because it helps add texture and layers very easily. However, it wears off pretty quick with medium to longer hair. It works well with shorter (1.5 inch) hair. It should be used with hair spray for a good hold. I'm not crazy about it right now but just giving it a shot. It's also not as dry as I want it to be in terms of texture.

2. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member