Ways to bring the "spark" back?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by J dot L, May 25, 2010.

1. J dot L

J dot L Well-Known Member

Has anyone got any ideas on how to bring the fun and "spark" back into a relationship? I've tried leaving little sticky notes for her to read after finding it. It's worked well, and she likes them, but i need more idea.. soo any?? ;)

2. iris

iris Well-Known Member

1. Get into a hobby together
    2. Travel
    3. Go do things like hiking, walking along the beach
    4. Look for new restaurants, places to go

I don't know if this applies to every girl, but from what I observe, some girls like it when they have flowers delivered to them? shows that you care. My friend says her sister's husband has flowers deliver to her even though he is working down the hall from her.

3. J dot L

I've actually also sent her roses and tulip bouquets randomly.. but i still need something i could do more cheaply i guess. £40 each bouquet costs quite a bit in the long run.. I've spent over £120 on just 3 bouquets already.. anymore and I'll be poor!!-unsure :D

4. Go somewhere together ^^
    ... Make her something by hand? Be creative ;)

5. people been watching to much romantic movies :nono:

going restaurant and making her origami flower or w/e is nice but its temporary, may make her smile on the day but it will soon wear off. i cant say what you should do cus its not as simple as that, treats may work on a pet but on a human.. hmmm maybe if your rich and treats come in the form of cars and houses....

6. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

7. Surprises once in a while is nice ^^
    Cos once u get into a routine its hard to get out...

8. J dot L

Any suggestions on things i could make?

Restaurants happy too often tbh. I'm not going to lie, it costs a lot.. although i don't always pay these days. But yeah, I'm definitely not rich. I'm a student therefore money is hard. -dead

Anymore suggestions or ideas?? (=

Btw, Mr.Evo.. You feeling horny? LOL! :naughty:

9. ^ before you and evo get a room let me say this...

i think you should decide on what you wana make if your actually gona do something so cheesy, i can only guess she wants a man not an arts and craft boy :kekekegay:, personally im not the 'make stuff' kind of person, get her a pink DS and tetris or something.

instead of restaurants, cook yourself (as in do it yourself, i dont mean feed yourself to her) or cook together (you know what i mean).

10. LOL -lol
    Looks like J and Evo ey? :shifty:

Yehh I mean bein creative isnt everyone's thing...
    But like Master said... Cookin a simple meal?
    Doin things that u dont normally do? It can be as simple as goin for a walk somewhere nice? Go for a picnic and prepare the stuff? xD

...It doenst have to be someone amazing all the time... Like u dont have to buy her flowers all the time but occasionally it is nice ^^

11. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

i was just about to say what master said. Make a home-cooked meal for her :) "Oi Sum Fan Hup".

12. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Street Fighter =D

13. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Surprises are nice, but don't get carried away. If you keep surprising her then she might expect stuff like that routinely and you won't be able to keep up. It might also tire and frustrate you in the future.

That being said...

I find that making things by hand is a really effective way to show your girl that you care about her. Even cheesy stuff like 1000 cranes for a wish are really good ideas. Once you get into it, you'll probably come up with a couple ideas depending on what you learn about her. Even the really classic stuff like candle lit dinners you prepare for her will put a smile to her face. You don't have to go completely out of the box. Sometimes the simplest things work, but it's always nice to be a little creative once in a while.

But once again don't get carried away. You'll just increase the expectations beyond what you can provide.

14. Aceris

Aceris New Member

There is no short and easy answer for this question. Maintaining a love relationship that lasts longer then a few months requires work. That being said I think what iris said makes the most sense. Get out of doing your normal routine stuff and try something new and different every once in a while so you can bring some excitement back.