"Warriors of Future" is now HK's highest grossing movie

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Oct 15, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

After several days being the second highest grossing Hong Kong movie of all time, the Louis Koo and Sean Lau-starrer "Warriors of Future" is now on the top of the list.

As reported on Mingpao, the film recently broke HKD 66.25 million at the box office, besting the record holder, "Cold War 2", which made HKD 66.24 million in 2016.

Speaking about the breakthrough, Louis expressed, "I am very happy and moved. The movie took a lot of time to shoot and I am happy to receive the support of Hong Kong audiences."

The actor-producer also expressed hope that more people will watch the movie so that they can move towards their HKD 70 million target.

On the other hand, co-star Sean Lau expressed that he is elated over the news and promised to work hard to let people know that Hong Kong-produced films are done well.

"I hope that we will be able to celebrate Louis' birthday (21 October) with a HKD 70 million mark. It would be the best birthday gift for him," he said.

credits: yahoo

2. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

I thought this movie was bad. lol I didn't expect it became the highest box office in HK

3. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

HK movies have really gone downhill in the last several years. Almost none have been watching except those Alphabet storm movies lol and maybe one or 2 others.

4. floppymoppy1234

floppymoppy1234 New Member

i watched it on Netflix, it was bad... the story felt rushed, no character development what so ever. Story is full of plot holes and stuff that just made no sense. Some of the dialogue was so cringe. But its the typical HK movie, wasn't expecting much lol. Very shocked it was the highest grossing movie, I had to comment. lol

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1