Wang Leehom Taking Two Months Off for Second Baby

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Sep 28, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

wang-leehom-chinglei-2016.jpg

Wang Leehom (王力宏) will be taking two months off once his second child arrives.

The talented 40-year-old singer and actor, who has just finished his last concert project, announced on Sunday that he will be taking two months of paternity leave to spend time with his family and await for the birth of his second child with wife Lee Ching-lei (李靚蕾). Leehom and Ching-lei married in 2013, and welcomed their first child, daughter Jiali, the following year.

This announcement after Leehom completed the initial promotions for his movie Leehom Wang’s Open Fire Concert Film <王力宏火力全開演唱會電影>.The concert film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) on September 15.

Leehom said on Facebook, “My decision to take two months of paternity leave is inspired by my good friend [Mark] Zuckerberg.”

Zuckerberg, creator of Facebook, made headlines last year when he announced that he’d take two months of paid paternity leave for his newborn daughter, Max. Facebook is notorious for offering a very generous parental policy, in which both parents get to take up to four months of paid leave after the birth of their child.

Leehom urged more new fathers to take parental leave, saying, “Think about it. If someone as busy as [Zuckerberg] can do it, why can’t I? It’s been proven by many studies that it is healthy and beneficial for the family, for the child, and for the parents. It also leads to lower rates of postpartum depression for the mother.”

The actor-singer then proudly said that his staff at Homeboy Music Inc. can all receive up to two months of paid parental leave.

He ended his message saying, “We’ll continue to open fire in November!”

Creds: Sina

2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Heck yeah I took 3 months off when I had my son paid for too :)

3. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

late congrats :). Always a happy moment!

4. crasianlee

Thanks! That was 3 years ago though haha. I was just saying where I work I'm allowed to take 3 months...

5. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I know, my company just passed a similar policy allowing both parents to take 3

6. crasianlee

That's good, the smart thing to do if you're able too is take a few weeks off to help the wifey, but then go back to work, and then use up the rest of your parental leave when it's the wifes turn to go back to work. That's what I did and helps save on child care if you have to go that route.