Vivien Yeo announces baby's birth

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, May 2, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    Vivien Yeo has recently surprised many by announcing that she has given birth to her first child.

As reported on Mingpao, the TVB actress shared a photo of her baby's tiny hand on Instagram and wrote, "This year's Mother's Day, I can finally celebrate as a mother. I had received the most precious Mother's Day gift ahead of schedule."

"Due to the pandemic situation and the movement control order in Malaysia, being pregnant was really not easy at all, and there were many variables and emergencies. But fortunately, my daughter was born safely," she added.

Vivien also thanked the Malaysian medical staff for their care, and wished all the frontliners the best in battling the pandemic.

The Malaysia-born actress tied the knot with boyfriend of eight years in secret last year, before returning to Hong Kong to register their marriage.

Challenges of giving birth during the pandemic

Vivien Yeo recently admitted that giving birth to her first child in Malaysia was a challenge to her not only because it was her first time - but also the fact that she was doing it during the pandemic.

As reported on Mingpao, the actress, who spoke to the media on the phone following the announcement about her baby's birth, shared that it wasn't easy giving birth in these trying times, as the operating room is the hospital was not always ready for the surgery.

"All the operating rooms are currently reserved for emergencies only, so they can only use it [for delivery] after getting the approval from the hospital. There were also constant changes that you can't be sure of the schedule," she said.

Vivien added that patients must also undergo blood test and swab test for COVID-19 before they could even proceed with surgery.

The actress admitted that she had been worrying a lot due to the situation with the hospital and the constant rescheduling, and was relieved when she finally delivered her baby with no other complications.

"But even my husband couldn't enter the operating room," she added.

As for her child, Vivien said that the baby also has the abbreviation VY in the name just like her and weighs six pounds.

credits: yahoo.sg

• Like Like x 1
  2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Nice keeping it on the dl, congrats to her.

3. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Congrats to VY!!!!!
    With what's happening around the world ATM, it's one of the toughest years to be in a hospital giving birth.
    Happy Mother's Day:luv: to all the mums/moms out there. We salute all of you!!!:friends::beer:

#3 hoyeah!, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1