Vietnam and Chinese

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by VietBoi, Feb 16, 2006.

1. VietBoi

VietBoi Well-Known Member

long time ago vietnamese and chiense was one right?

2. dayofnight

dayofnight Active Member

no... vietnam was occupied by the chinese for 1000 yr.... they never was one

3. VietBoi

oh i see thx

4. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

i dont so either

5. AznXVI3T2410

AznXVI3T2410 Member

i dun think so man

6. don

don ello

never heard of it......Vietnam and Chinese don't mix

7. VietBoi

hmm i sure vietnamese use to be chinese soem of our words is the same as chinese

8. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

sorry don't know about history

9. winnie

winnie Active Member

i don't know, but i don't think so

10. VxBlitzxN

VxBlitzxN Member

probs during that 1000 year occupation , vietnam adapted the language and characters of the chinese and soon after we adapted the french well..thats what i think

11. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

What do you mean, do you mean that Vietnamese people are descendants of Chinese people? Or do you mean their languages? Or territory occupation?

Check wikipedia.com - lots of info there.

But basically, a lot of Vietnamese culture/language/traditions is based from Chinese, as is many other Asian cultures (korean, jap, ...)

12. TVB_Angel

TVB_Angel Well-Known Member

Is that Vietnam was control by so many world leading power over the last centries so many of us adapt to the language and soon we were control by comunist..lol

13. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

There's alot of words in the asian languages that are similar, as for vietnamese and chinese... From what i know, jobs were hard to find in china, and many people immigrated to vietnam. They adapted the language and culture and mixed it in with their own. *Vietnam's written language is based on the French's(when they were under their control) There are a lot of viet/chineses and a lot of people who speak cantonese are from vietnam

14. tn2005

tn2005 Member

China has great influences on VN, therefore it seems like the Vietnamese are very much like Chinese. even some words sound/have originated from China.

15. XiouYen

XiouYen Member

Yup yup that's right. I'm a Vietnamese too. Many things in VN are the same in China. I went to China and I found that Chinese life style isn't different from Vietnam.

16. zzboizz

zzboizz Active Member

you guys really wanted to know the vietname and chinese were once or not... should travel back to the furure to find out.wat was happen later at that .A.B ......

17. splbrt0303

splbrt0303 Member

I have also heard that Vietnamese writting was once similar to chineses'.

18. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

yea i'm pretty sure china took over vietnam for like many years so we adopted the writing way like them, but when france took over this one dude then made up the vietnamese lauguage that we still use today, thats y some words r the same n lots r simialar (this is all from listen to my daddy ^^)

19. DaProdigy_718

DaProdigy_718 Well-Known Member

vietnamese are chinese, at least that's what i believe.

i mean they got same blood as chinese, same ancestors, basically all orientals are Chinese. Just because chinese moved to vietnam a long time ago and are none as vietnamese, dont mean they r not chinese.

anybody agree wit me?

20. tamagodaisuki

well i know during wars, many chinese immigrated to vietnam for a new life, where everthing was cheaper to buy.