Using an Old Cast.

Discussion in 'The Money-Maker Recipe - 師奶股神' started by Suiko, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Suiko

Suiko Well-Known Member

What do you think about TVB using an older cast as main characters in this series?

I know a bunch of people were a big turned off by it and didn't watch it at all. What do you guys think>?

2. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

For me, I don't mind if the story is strong. If the story is weak, it won't matter if it is a new cast or old cast.

3. babs

babs Well-Known Member

it was a little strange that they used an old cast but i think that is what makes this series. they arent really that old. we're just used to seeing different female leads and i think that's why ppl arent watching.

this is a pretty good series. i like watching it.

4. madkute

madkute Well-Known Member

just watched the first episode....but I don't know if it's just me but the see-lai and her husband, seems more like mother and son....i mean in age....dont know about the chemistry between them, but I'll keep on watching to see how it goes.

5. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

yeah, like 梁師奶, she's like in her 50s in Forensic Heroes II, i was like, "OHGODDD"

6. zrl201

zrl201 Active Member

The storyline is a bit weak and the research into the stock industry is terrible!

7. zrl201

zrl201 Active Member

I mean, an older cast is fine...even with B stars but the storyline gotta be good and captivating. This series is weak in terms of storytelling.

8. tamagodaisuki

i don't mind cause if u think about it the majority of tvb audience are older ppl. just that this drama isn't very goood

9. lindaabc123

lindaabc123 Active Member

Yeah I think older actors is fine as long as its consistent. Tse Tin Wah is just too young to be playing Sheung Tin Ngor's husband. At first I thought he was her brother, I had to watch the first episode again just to make sure of their characters, hehe.

10. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol , this is prob why i dont watch this, it didnt really appeal to me with its cast or storyline, and the 30sec preview makes this look so Dopy, or maybe i just dont get the Humour coming out of this drama

11. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I dunno why I cant watch this...story seems weak and not realistic...

12. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

I don't really care old cast or new cast, I have nothing against them. Especially when it comes to Singing THE OLD SINGERS>NEW SINGERS. A bunch of people that doesn't know how to sing, except a few that only sings average!!!!

13. kenshin

kenshin Well-Known Member

One of the main advantage to use an old cast is the rich experience of these people. This really has added value to the series overall. Well, the man setting is the typical household environment of married women, so to me its kinda logical to cast older actors.