TVB to adapt Korean drama, "Penthouse"

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Dec 10, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Rumour has it that TVB is set to produce a remake of the hit Korean series, "Penthouse".

As reported on On CC, TVB Executive Eric Tsang reportedly has called upon movie director Patrick Kong to helm the said series, which will revolve around revenge and struggles of women in the upper class.

Reportedly, TVB is now looking to cast Jeannie Chan, Moon Lau, Angel Chiang and Jacky Cai to star in the adaptation.

When asked about the rumour, Angel stated that she hasn't received any notification about the series. However, the actress is elated with the idea that Patrick could be helming the project.

On the other hand, Moon stated that she has heard of the news, but has not been notified as to whether or not she will be a part of it.

"If the news is true, I am looking forward to this collaboration," she said.

Now in its third season, "Penthouse" tells the story of wealthy families living in the high-class residence Hera Palace and about their children at Cheong-ah Arts School. It stars Lee Ji-Ah, Eugene, Kim So-Yeon and Jo Soo-Min among others.

credits: yahoo

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Wow, I know this kdrama was pretty hyped. I personally don't watch kdrama (just kvariety) so it'll be interesting if do remake it. Although just like any remake series, won't be as good as the original.

3. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

Despite getting rights to adapt high rated dramas, there's a big gap in the caliber and talent of actors in Kdramas compared to TVB artists especially the newer ones in the last decade or so.

I have been deeply hooked into KDramas in the past 6 months (watched over 35+ so far) and the KDrama productions are just done so much better in comparison to the TVB ones although I filter out the bad ones while I've been watching almost everything TVB airs as they are released so that skews things.

4. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

My pick of the ladies would be Tavia, Nancy Wu, and one other of the more seasoned Veteran...Angel Chiang probably the only one I would choose from the above, the rest don't think they could pull it.

5. lahn doe

lahn doe Well-Known Member

Penthouse - thought this was about something totally different