TVB Actors and Actresses Who Never Won TVB King or Queen

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Dec 17, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

tvb-actors-2015.jpg

2015 has been a rather underwhelming year for Hong Kong television dramas, and not many artists or television dramas have stood out. But the 2015 TVB Anniversary Awards, which were held on December 13, did meet the public’s expectations. TV King went to the experienced Anthony Wong (黃秋生), who received unanimous applaud for his performance in Best Drama winner, Lord of Shanghai <梟雄>. TV Queen went to the hard-working Nancy Wu (胡定欣), who experienced a rise in popularity after starring in Ghost of Relativity <鬼同你OT>.

While many are happy to see Nancy finally receiving the acknowledgement she deserves, netizens can’t help but to voice out that there are still many artists who are just as deserving for the honor.

Netizens listed out three actresses and three actors who they believe are long overdue for a TVB’s golden statuette.

Maggie Shiu (邵美琪)

From 2006’s Dance of Passion <火舞黃沙> to later works like The Confidant <大太監> and Master of Play <心戰>, Maggie Shiu’s talent has long been recognized. Although she portrayed only a small supporting character in this year’s Captain of Destiny <張保仔>, her role stood out among a story that lacked memorable female characters. Her lead performance in the currently-airing The Executioner <刀下留人> is also receiving widespread acclaim, and many netizens said they would support her for TV Queen. Maggie has been nominated multiple times for the honor, but she never won the award—not even Best Supporting Actress.

Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣)

Linda Chung has been one of TVB’s most promoted artists ever since she made her debut in the industry with the sitcom Virtues of Harmony <皆大歡喜> in 2004. At only 22 years old, she was the youngest winner to receive TVB’s Most Improved Female Artist award in 2006. The former beauty queen’s career received another big boost after finding success in high profile dramas such as 2007’s Heart of Greed <溏心風暴>, 2008’s Moonlight Resonance <溏心風暴之家好月圓>, and 2011’s Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir! <點解阿Sir係阿Sir>.

But despite her popularity and large fandom, Linda never managed to win the hearts of TVB judges. Linda has been nominated eight times for TV Queen, reaching top five for seven of them, but the award always ended up slipping from her hands. Although Linda’s performance in this year’s Limelight Years <華麗轉身> was a favorite among netizens, she ultimately lost the Best Actress award to Nancy Wu.

Alice Chan (陳煒)

Former ATV actress Alice Chan switched over to TVB in 2012 and started off playing smaller guest roles first before moving to bigger supporting roles. This year, she dropped jaws with her fantastic performances in the comedy drama With or Without You <東坡家事> and Lord of Shanghai. Her roles were completely different from each other, and viewers were impressed with Alice’s flexible acting. Alice’s role as Yiu Gwai-sang in Lord of Shanghai is a favorite among netizens, and many supported her to win Most Popular Female Character. However, she lost the award to Ghost of Relativity’s Kristal Tin (田蕊妮).

Kenneth Ma (馬國明)

Much like Linda, Kenneth is constantly snubbed by the TVB Anniversary Awards committee. 2015 is already Kenneth’s fifth year contending for Best Actor, but the Lord of Shanghai actor leaves home empty-handed each time. However, Kenneth did win Most Popular Male Character for his well-received performance in 2012’s The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時>, so his efforts and improvements are not completely overlooked.

Adam Cheng (鄭少秋)

Adam Cheng is without a doubt one of the forefathers of Hong Kong television, and the 68-year-old has starred in numerous classic television dramas in the last four decades. His 1992 drama, The Greed of Man <大時代>, brought public attention to TVB’s midnight rerun timeslot this year, and the series won Most Popular Classic Drama at the TVB Anniversary Awards. It’s kind of hard to imagine that despite Adam’s legendary career, he has never won a TV King award from TVB.

Raymond Lam (林峯)

The former TVB star was the king of many fangirls’ hearts when he made his television debut in the early 2000’s. 15 years later, Raymond’s popularity is still as high as ever. Although Raymond has won two Most Popular Male Character awards—the most of any other TVB artist—he has failed to obtain a coveted Best Actor award in all these years.

Besides these six artists, who else do you think had no luck in the TVB Anniversary Awards?

Creds: Yahoo

2. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Nothing against her but, what bothered me is putting linda chung among the list....i cringed every time when i see her act... let along singing

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

same...I never thought she was a good actress nor was she a good singer...her crying makes me want to slap her and her singing makes me want to blow my ears out. I don't get why TVB is promoting someone with almost no talent nor potential...the rest of the list I can agree with

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing lol...all of above deserve something but Linda....no...her acting isnt good and also.....wtf is she singing in all these dramas? lol

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Most surprising one is Adam for me.

Maggie Shiu is also one of those veterans that TVB take granted for. Currently watching Captain of Destiny and I quite like her TBH.

6. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

her voice sounds like a dying cat

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Bobby should win Best Actor award and yes Maggie! Just goes to show that TVB awards are rigged.

8. lil_asian_heart

lil_asian_heart Well-Known Member

really surprised Adam Cheng never won once

9. x_divinity

x_divinity Well-Known Member

Maggie hasn't really stood out to me but her acting is likeable in every drama I've seen. Linda is not ready for TV Queen. Alice IS a flexible actress but she needs to work on her crying scenes. Kenneth's award is long overdue. I don't remember any of Adam's acting, and Raymond deserves "My Favourite" awards more than Best Actor in my opinion.

10. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the veteran Adam Cheng didnt win anything from her career life. I dont keep track of history but if Adam didnt win back then was probably there were other actors who were super talented if not super kiss asses.