TV Box

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Choy1314, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Choy1314

Choy1314 Well-Known Member

Hi i would like some advice i currently have a tv pad and im looking to upgrade the box maybe the 4th gen of the tv box

however i came across more brands such as,

-UBox
    -Moonbox3
    -HDTV.
    -Miubox
    -Tvpad 4

which one is the best ?

thanks

2. have been using TVPad 2 for a longtime now... don't see the point in going to TVPAD3 or 4.. seems to be same functionality anyway.

Also have been using XiaoMi MiBox Pro for about 4 months and that seems to be same same...

All apps work well enough on both boxes.. just sometimes the host is really laggy, so it's a case of trial and error to see which apps load better

3. Choy1314

also i have a tvpad 1st gen it says the 26th this month the channel will be cut off need to pay or something that's what my parents said to me i'm puzzled?

4. Which channel? I use my tvpad/mibox daily and haven't seen any system broadcasts like that?

5. candy10013

candy10013 Well-Known Member

if anyone planning on getting the tvpad 4, wait awhile. tvpad might stop working since they are getting sue for copyright

6. TVPAD has been getting sued for ages.. since version 1.

7. Choy1314

that must explain it. parents said came up with a pop up saying call this number after this date as this channel will stop working or some sort .

8. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

i bought a tvpad 4 for my parents and its pretty nice. interface is different from the previous versions. plus side is that everything is in hd quality and i think the audio is better than my friends tvpad 3. there is the hktv app on the tvpad 4 which doesn't have on the previous versions.

i bought the tvpad from a guy who sells it out of his house remodeling product shop and he guarantee that it will work and is subscription free. if anything happens, he said that i can go back to him for a full refund. i didn't hear my parents saying anything about a pop up saying to call a number or from my friends who have tvpads.

9. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

small world! u bought it from the guy in san francisco? lol

10. Choy1314

hear people talking about the Htv box is that any good why so many box to choose ahh i dont use it just my parents watch tv lol

11. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

The TVpad 1 is pretty much retiring and going out of service according to TVpad themselves, as the hardware limitation apparently... Forcing people to buy the newer versions by offering old users a coupon.

Source: http://en.itvpad.com/169/index.html

12. wow... so they are forcing people off the old box. . .

These days with all the other boxes available, I don't know if I'd choose TVpad though. The only thing going for it is the timebox 'on-demand' recording/playback of TVB, TVB-HD, J2 etc ...

13. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

i was reading a little about the htv and the good thing is it has a 7 day playback where as the tvpad only has 3 days

14. runtohell121

Out of all the boxes available, TVpad is probably the most well-known.... Not sure about their service record (never owned one). There are too many options out there now and just have to do a lot of research on it. HTV and moonbox seems like they are popular alternatives to TVpad.

15. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

So many are out there now.. It's hard to choose the best one, cause things can change very quickly.

16. MiBox Pro has been pretty good... but if you need the scheduled recording I think you will be limited to TVPad or HTV

17. runtohell121

Mi Box Pro as in Xiaomi? What kind of apps or where do you download the apps from to watch movies, dramas, etc.? Out of the box, the Xiaomi Box is pretty limited to just China related services...

18. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

19. runtohell121

any rss feed/apps for movies (english), as that's what my dad prefers... and that might be one of the reason why my dad decided to try the TVpad, but I'm not even sure if there's any movies on that thing lol

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Not sure if this app has hollywood movies. I know on my box, there were a few apps like this that had dramas and movies. You could give it a try..

http://www.togic.com/livetv.html

You can search for alternative apps like this one.. but this was the one that came up after a quick google search.