Traffic in China

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by negiqboyz, Aug 17, 2011.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I am currently planning my trip to China and a friend sent me this clip. You don't have to read Chinese, just look at the clip. These people just CAN NOT drive. Thought I'd share it with ya'll.

http://pop.6park.com/life2/messages/24007.html

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

What a lot of people tend to not realize is that China, regardless of its economic progress, has been driving for less than one generation. Their mental attitude towards driving, or using the roads as a community and shared resource is nowhere near that of other nations. In places like the Republic of Korea, Taiwan, or Japan, et cetera; driving, and the need to obey traffic rules, has been ingrained into their culture and psyche since childhood.

Hence, Chinese in the PRC, as a nation, are still very low on the learning curve of driving. Everything from road design, vehicle operations, and driver courtesy is in desperate need of improvement and refinement. The sad part is, in the interim thousands of Chinese are killed and maimed each year because of this.

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

doesnt help when capital cities like beijing have gazillion cars, even the traffic restrictions are doing little

4. ralphrepo

If anyone ever witnessed the old mad cluster-fucked rushes of people, pushing and shoving their way onto buses or trains, one can see that traffic in the PRC is very much the same mentality. Except this is now mechanized and at deadly speeds. Everyone from day one is socialized by their environment into a strict "me first" attitude, no matter the cost to others.

5. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Wow..some of the accidents look like they were intentional or the drivers are BLIND.

6. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

Now we know why white people say Asians can't drive...

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

they could be under the influence

8. ralphrepo

No, it's the PRC Chinese who can't drive. The rest of Asia seems to do just fine.

Yes, they are. It's the influence of totalitarian repression; which is what creates and engenders an "every man for himself" type of society, pervading through all facets of life, including their driving habits.

9. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Vietnam is just as horrible. When I watched the clip, I thought it was a set-up since (like b-lee said) . some of the accidents appeared intentional .. you have to be blind to not see the tree or whatever .. Then again, I saw some was crushed over by a truck .. too much .. Anyway, I hope things will be better soon .. at least, I got this msg before my trip.