Torrents vs Direct Download Links

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, May 6, 2008.

?

Torrents or Direct Download Links

1. Torrents

23 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. DDL

70 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. Both

60 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

What do you prefer better and why?

... well for me, torrents do come out first and can be fast if there are alot of seeders and peers. But it can be annoying when there are no seeders and yout stuck at like 99.8% - that is really annoying or there are only 1 seeder and the connection of download it, is very slow..

DDL - there is where other people upload their media on an uploading site: sendspace, mediafire, megaupload etc . . . . this is quite good for me as its alot quicker to d/l from them. Usually take about 20mins to d/l a film/series.

So I like both, if I cant find ddl for that certain movie then i will look for a torrent and d/l it off there.

2. lawltank

lawltank Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like both.

Torrents are pretty good for me anyway. I don't usually come across dead torrents unless they're really old already. Only downside for torrents is that they do kinda screw up your hard drives.

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

I prefer torrents if they have more seeds because i don't like the hassle of downloading multiple parts and it's easy to manage with the torrent downloads. But for direct downloads as long as the site doesn't limit your downloads per hour or so then it's all good. sites like mediafire and zshare are my fav sites to download stuff from. Megaupload is okay also. But sendspace is slow and rapidshare just have a severe limit so it sucks.

4. keijai57

keijai57 Active Member

erm... same here i like both... as SUSIE said... torrent can b annoying sometime.... but for ddl can b annoying as well coz when u want to download more then one it will not if u get the premium account... which i think ppl dnt want to get it....

5. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

well i just like discovered how to dl torrents lol..so so far so good..
    ddl's are still good cos its quick and its there....so dont mind using either...

6. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

yeh, same here. I always got used to ddl links, if there's ddl then i'll just d/l off there. But some stuff that I want there's only torrents and nobody is willing to upload them as a ddl. =( so i got a torrent program, worse thing about torrent is setting yout port forwarding!! But i done that now, and got a good connection speed for uploading and downloading.

7. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

I like direct DDL's for fast downloads and smaller files, but torrents are good especially when there are heaps of seeders. The torrents I use usually have a large amount of seeders (private trackers), so speed isn't an issue always.

8. shadowchi

shadowchi ~~♫ ♫ ♪ Himitsu ♪ ♫ ♫ ~~

I usually use torrent if there isn't a ddl, but then again i dont like to download many parts, which can be quite troublesome.

But when you are downloading a whole serie, ddl tends to be faster. -huh
    I dunno, since if you are downloading a serie with torrent, most of the files aren't finished downloading they are like stuck to 80%.....

Gah, I hate it when I can't download the whole serie...-dead

9. like DB, i prefer a DDL because it a lot faster but when there isn't one around torrents will reign supreme..... lol

10. qtf. all that needs to be said has been said.

11. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

DDL's are only good when they're
    A) NOT capped and
    B) when the file is NOT split

otherwise... BT works a ok for me..

12. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

I prefer torrents, they are way more convenient. As long as the torrents are well seeded. Though lately the majority of my scene releases Ive been using DDL, I can thank netload I love their speeds.

13. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

I prefer torrents... only a few ddl sites give me good speeds... Also, with torrents you dn't have to download many parts.

14. zzzzzz

zzzzzz Member

i prefer torrent because its fast and i can still download the file even after few month's old .but DDL are uploaded to server such as rapidshare.com,megaupload.com,etc there are just to many limitation's and torrent are easy to use .example if i were to download NFS pro street 4.3GB(43part's) ,i'll have to keep restarting my modem to keep my download continue if the files were uploaded to rapidshare and i have to guard the comp from time to time .if i were to use torrent to download i only need to leave my computer on for few day's and im free to go .but i think DDL is good for small item's such as .mp3 and small files .

15. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

i think torrent is the most convenient especially for large files and the torrent client sorts out everything u need
    dont have to worry about resuming a dl link, partitioned files and the daily limits
    torrent can be faster than ddl got up to like 1 mb/s for some torrent
    but availability (seed) is the biggest issue for torrent

16. bbes

bbes Incredible

well i prefer ddl like db as its so much quicker if ur getting it from a fast hosting site with no limits. also, like db sed they prob won't catch u as ur not uploading and also they can't rele track u on those unlike torrents and they last a lot longer if uploaded to a decent hosting site cos a lot of ppl stop sharing the torrent files these days.

17. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

i prefer ddl..quicker faster

18. chronovial

chronovial Active Member

Well like what people mentioned above, ddl sucks a lot when the file are big and people have to split them to many parts. so i tend to choose ddl for small files, and torrent for larger files. but sometimes when i really want to watch that show fast, i usually choose ddl cos they let u download at max speed if it's a good file sharing website.

People mentioned abt how torrent is not that safe. True, but there's new stuff called the DHT which doesn't use tracker to find peers and seeders. so i believe it safer now. and if you use trackers like Piratebay, it should be safe too.

19. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

You just need some good premium link generator sites.

20. chronovial... badass sig... looks like a metal frog =D