Tony Leung Trusts Carina Lau Did Not Cheat

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Mar 3, 2007.

1. [​IMG]
    Friday March 2, 2007 Hong Kong

Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Carina Lau Ka Ling have been dating for 17 years. Earlier, rumors spread that Carina was involved with wealthy Taiwanese merchant, Guo Taiming.

Holding hands, Carina attended a charity ball and family wedding with Mr. Guo. Afterwards, she flew back to Hong Kong on Mr. Guo's private jet and accompanied him on a tour of Hainan Island as well.

Allegedly, Tony was dissatisfied with Carina's high profile exposure with Mr. Guo. To pacify Tony, Carina booked an early skiing trip with him to Hokkaido earlier.

Appearing at the Hong Kong Film Expo yesterday, Tony was in good spirits and responded to Carina and Mr. Guo's rumors, "Carina has already responded accordingly to the press's questions. But I can tell you with complete confidence that I trust Carina entirely."

Reporters were quite respectful towards Tony and did not press the issue further. However, they asked if Mr. Guo asked Tony to film a movie, would Tony accept? "I will not answer any hypothetical questions raised." Tony requested reporters to change the topic.

Carina's Response to Rumors with Mr. Guo

Carina had explained earlier, "Mr. Guo is my friend. The press printed photos of Mr. Guo's hand on my thigh, but the effect was a result of the camera angle. There is no need to complicate matters further."

"Each time I am spotted with a male friend, everyone thinks there is romantic involvement. But they are just normal networking and social events. There is no need to hide anything. I don't consider them to be anything more. Tony never questioned me about them either."

Tony has been nominated for the Best Actor Award for his role in "Confessions of Pain" in 2007's Hong Kong Film Awards. He is happy that he has been nominated and whether he wins the award will be dependent on luck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tony's movie, "Infernal Affairs" was remade by Hollywood into "The Departed," starring Leonardo Di Caprio, and won numerous Oscar Awards.

"Confessions of Pain" has also been picked up by Hollywood for a remake. Tony is proud that Hong Kong movie scripts have international recognition, proving that there is much talent in the Hong Kong film industry.

credits: Dramasian, asianfanatics.

2. dragopyre

dragopyre Well-Known Member

they still not married? they been dating for a lonnnngggg time.

3. dot

dot Well-Known Member

ewww.. they wanna destroy another hk movie? >.< well, i dun find confessions of pain quite as engaging as infernal affairs... wutever.

4. john831

john831 Member

i hope their love will stay strong.

5. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

I trust her too I think they been to long together.

6. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

I think they will stay together...but why hold hands with another man?

7. machwnor

machwnor Well-Known Member

i am glad tony trusts carina...a relationship is simply based on trust and honesty....besides tony, i am pretty a lot of chinese ppl are proud hk movies have recognition in the western