Tony Leung and Jay Chou Lined up for Project

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Tuesday March 21, 2006 Hong Kong

The directors of smash Hong Kong cop-thriller "Infernal Affairs" are planning two projects this year to be co-produced with Chinese partners.

Andrew Lau and Alan Mak will begin shooting in May on "Behind the Sin", starring local heart-throb Tony Leung Chiu-wai, producer Media Asia said.

The movie, expected to cost 7.7 million US dollars, will tell the story of an investigation by a policeman and a private detective, of a murder of the officer's father-in-law, said Jeffrey Chan, head of distribution at Media Asia.

Chan said the duo's second project this year will be a period drama set in Hong Kong starring Taiwan pop sensation Jay Chou.

Shooting will start in the second half of this year. The title and budget are yet to be decided, Chan said.

"Infernal Affairs" is meanwhile being remade by Martin Scorsese.

http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/349/2006/03/21/44@64732.htm
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum

2. rainy

rainy Member

i just don't know why jay is so lucky <_<

3. don

don ello

yay!! jay chou....good luck to him =D

4. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

WOO! GO JAY CHOU =D WAIT.. Is this series a TVB drama? o_O

5. The movie, expected to cost 7.7 million US dollars, will tell the story of an investigation by a policeman and a private detective, of a murder of the officer's father-in-law, said Jeffrey Chan, head of distribution at Media Asia.

6. Haneo

Haneo Well-Known Member

Jay Chou has amazing music talent, they regard him as Pop King in Asia. He writes and produces his own music and has started directing his own music videos. His record sales are off-the-charts. Not sure about his acting abilities, but Initial D did do very well across Asia. Bottom line is, anything with Jay Chou sells.

Hope he does well.

7. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

omg why on earth JAY CHOU.. he lacks experience in good movies like the mysterious thriller they're gonna film...
    tony leung is well excellent..
    even ekin cheng in running out of time..scores better than jay chou..
    for pete's sake.. EVEN EDISON CHEN OR SHAWN YUE ARE BETTER..
    #%$$@#$ d storyline sounds good... sigh.. wrong cast wrong cast..
    i like initial d bcoz it's popular for wat it is..fast cars..famous singers/artistes.. but i definitely give 3/10 for jay's acting in that movie..sigh no offense.. but he still has alot of acting to catch up on if he wants to turn into a movie star..

8. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree that Jay does lack acting skills but the movie will be easier to market with Jay in it. Jay Chou is a hot commodity right now and its not because of luck. The guy has a lot of talent, musical wise.

As for Hollywood remaking Infernal Affairs, I hope it's as good as the original. It's going to be directed by Martin Scorsese and stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, and Mark Walberg. It's not being called Infernal Affairs. Instead it's called The Departed. It's set in Boston and focuses on the Boston PD and the Irish Mafia. One reason behind the name change of the title is because the title Infernal Affairs makes reference to Buddhist teachings. Leonardo is playing Tony Leung's role, while Matt Damon is playing Andy Lau's role. Jack Nicholson of course is playing Eric Tsang's role. It has an incredible cast and looks very promising.

9. ShiShi

ShiShi Active Member

wow can't wait to watch it....damn starting later this year so we wont get it watch it till next year sometime or later..