Thoughts on series

Discussion in 'Wax and Wane - 團圓' started by kevin, Jun 13, 2011.

1. kevin

kevin RAWR!

What do you think abuot the series so far?

After watching ep 1 I found it quite interesting as in it's worth watching. What I do find strange is that Kate is dressed 'rich', almost like the other family (Ron's family). Therefore she doesn't seem to fit the Man family.

2. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^lol, dam, you're friggin fast in starting all these threads........

i think positively of this series just because of sunny chan and roger kwok.

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Ghetto Justice is more interesting.. maybe because im into it longer

4. kevin

kevin RAWR!

There will always be a member here at PA that starts the thread in forums (sub forum also). Without anyone starting threads like this, there would be no talk going on. Some members are shy lol. I remember reading a post here somewhere that members are reluctant to post unless someone else do. I took the initiative =)

5. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

wow do u really have to make a thread for each char LOL

6. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

episode 1 screams Moonlight Resonance

7. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

Funny. I saw the cast of this series and I thought this is part 2 of that other TVB series where Ron went back in time.

8. haru

haru Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly. its basically Heart of Greed and Moonlight Resonance, the only difference is the store is now selling noodles.

9. Raymond_Cheung

Raymond_Cheung Well-Known Member

So far so good. Only saw the first episode.

10. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

Series like this is what i HATE and DESPISE at what tvb does.
    Okay get ready for the rant and im sorry

1. I agree .. too much copy pasta' with heart of greed + moonlight resonance ... I MEAN COME ONNN !!!! two noodle businesses and fighting over a 'juw pai' that once owned and because ofit, it made the other successful blah blah blah .... really ... bitch really?
    2. the iconic use of the Shakespeare story/character as you all know Romeo and Juliet .... i find it completely idiotic for tvb to not only 'recycle' an old story line but to "add" another romantic element to it (it seems like that is all that tvb comes up with now adays) OHHHH THE IRONY of two people who love each other even though both families hate each other.... FUUUUU TVB WHAT YOU DOING !!!
    4. I HATE KATE TSUIIII ... (for those who know me long enough should know why !)

so all in all ... watched the first episode and stopped .... not watching this EVER ! FML TVB WHAT CHUUU DOING MAAANNNN

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^ i hate Kate tsui too, but dayyyummmmmm.....lol..... TVB been doing these clone versions ever since.........

12. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

^ i genuinely thing that tvb has gone down since the millennium started its like they only have like 3 good series a year fucking back in the day EVERY SINGLE SERIES was fun and entertaining ! GRRRRRRR

13. kevin

kevin RAWR!

After watching ep 2, yeah it's pretty much MR and HOG but with noodles instead.

The thing is, people still watch this. :facepalm:

14. koogepanini

koogepanini Well-Known Member

There is no originality. Not even Roger nor Sunny's acting could save this series...

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

If that worked with the Canadian Chinese channel, i'll be saving a lot of bandwidth. But unfortunately.. the CND Chinese Channel is almost 1.5 years behind of HK schedule

But on topic.. i noticed about the Romeo & Juliet reference too. I'm like :facepalm:

16. agreed

agreed..but im really a sucker for them case series :)

this series makes me want to eat wun tun mein:eat:

#16 shinobi, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  17. Akira-

Akira- Well-Known Member

Reminds me of moonlight resonance and heart of greed 2 much... seems like the producer wants to win best series of the year hahaha

18. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i agree, especially the ancient ones... they dont make the 'mo-lum" genre anymore. Nowadays, they only put kings and palaces. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz....

19. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

This series is getting boring and confusing every moment. Hate these type of series!! :(

20. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

To boring to watch, the series just doesn't gel very well, Ghetto is better, no real reason to watch this.