The WalkCar (portable segway)

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by shinobi, Aug 10, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Can you remember the Segway? And how we all thought of it as the new way of human transportation? Sadly, it hasn’t come to life mainly due tothe device being quite big and stodgy; and a big minus – too expensive. Enter the WalkCar.

Now a Japanese engineer, Kuniako Saito presents you a new, tiny personal transportation system - WalkCar. It is small enough to fit right in your backpack! You can just take it out of your backpack, step on it and wush!

When you’d like to stop, simply – step off. You can control it just by leaning your body to either side – it’s that simple!

Even though it looks tiny and so lightweight (it’s made of aluminum), it can easily carry 120kg and you can travel at max speed of 10 kmph for at least 12 km. After that you’ll probably need a re-charge, and apparently it’ll take 3 hours for that.

The main engineer, Saito and his team at Cocoa Motors plan to launch the WalkCar this autumn and the expected price is somewhere around 800 bucks.

credits: catchynet

#1 shinobi, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Modified version of segway maybe, but hoverboard?? I don't think so. :lol:

Idk about you, skateboard and pebbles don't mix and this reminds me of that! :wallface:

3. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

LOL, do you think this can be hacked too?? :lol::lol:

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

It's like the hovertrax, but a different design. The hovertrax is huge though, so definitely WalkCar has the advantage with size. I'm not too specific on how fast and how long the hovertrax can go.

I also like the WalkCar design better (Y)

5. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

Nice design, interesting product and good size, not too expensive either.

6. Not hard to have someone push you off and take it away~ It needs some security mechanism to it, or a lot of people will get robbed.

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

While it is true that they should implement some kind of security system, but unless you live in an area where crime rates are high, then you should be pretty safe.

8. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

What, I can't flaunt it?? I guess I'll go back to these. :lol::lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

One of the easy security method could be WiFi or Bluetooth enabled, requiring your phone to be connected and no other phones can connect at the same time :lol: