The Deal with Plastic Surgery

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by myLisa, Aug 6, 2008.

1. myLisa

myLisa Member

Hey Guys.
    I am just wondering, what's the scoop on the idea of plastic surgery? Do you believe it's a do or a don't?
    Then comes again, do you think people need it?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

it depends on what people want...
    ..sometimes plastic surgery is needed whether the person wants it or not,in terms of injuries..... ie skin grafts....
    sometimes it helps to boost a person's self confidence on the way they feel about their body.

3. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

it ALL depends on the situation your in, i mean some ppl need the extra boost of confidence you know?

4. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Plastic surgery for injuries, I would agree to that, but for looking better and self confidence...then no, I prefer them natural...

5. Retsyo

Retsyo Well-Known Member

They should really make plastic surgery for those with injuries and stuff, now that people that looks fine from the start gets it due to all the influence from others. I know a friend of mine that got a rhinoplasty revision because she thinks her nose isn't "straight enough", I was like, are you kidding me!!

6. Unless your career depends on good looks like for celebrities.. I think it's pretty pointless for other people to get plastic surgery..

7. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ perhaps they need a confidence booster..?..

8. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

I want some man boobs

9. aquacarmenita

aquacarmenita Member

it depends on your situation if is really bad then you could give it a boost but if its not that bad why bother ?

10. xdly

xdly Well-Known Member

don't... except when it's important for health reasons.

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

it's sorta weird, but i'll accept it if it makes a girl good looking...

12. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

well some people arent gifted from nature so they want a plastic surgery to look better .... to fit the actual image of beauty
    i would like plastic surgery to suck my body fat :p

13. meekz

meekz Member

it would really depend on the situation, like i know a girl who has back problems cos her boobs are too big and got them reduced now not only does her back not hurt she's able to alot of activities she couldnt do before

but i would totally disagree if a 16 year old said they wanted to get plastic surgery to fix their nose

14. tofumomo

tofumomo Member

i think getting plastic surgery really depends..it could be either a Do or DON'T...It really depends on why your getting it done......

15. kumhah

kumhah Member

I guess if it's not major plastic surgery or overdoing it until the face do not look natural at all, then it is ok. If it's just to enhance your look and one can afford it why not. I read in a women's magazine here of a case where a woman had plastic surgery cos she was quite ugly. and looked really beautiful after the surgery. She got married, had a baby girl but the baby looked like her original face before surgery. She finally told her husband she had plastic surgery, the husband divorced her. That was a sad case.

16. bratjen19

bratjen19 Member

you should only go through with plastic surgery if you think you will feel more beautiful after doing it...alot of the actors/actresses have them done...alot people probably wouldnt go through with it because they will fill fake haha..but it really depends on what you want done...you can do minor surgery like nose or lip...

17. grab a knife... throw it in the air.. and close your eyes.. hows that for confidence booster..

18. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ guess either way....he/she will be under the knife...-tongue2

19. xsugarx

xsugarx Well-Known Member

Well, when everything start to go "south" sure why not. Just make sure you find a good surgeon, and you don't end up looking plastic. Lot's of girls from Korea get plastics but they don't look horrible afterwards.

20. sara

sara Well-Known Member

It depends if I need it. for example if i was in an accident that i need to help me look more normal. I would not do it just to look like the supermodels.