Tavia Yeung's Childhood and Growing Pains

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by don, Mar 10, 2006.

1. don

don ello

Sunday March 5, 2006 HK
    55.jpg
    credits: http://Dramasian.com/

Although Tavia Yeung Yi is a rising actress at TVB and leads a comfortable life now, she still remembers her childhood growing up in Sha Tin district.

Yesterday Tavia accepted an interview with Singtao Newspaper's new column "ET Star Home" and went back to the old neighborhood where she grew up. Upon seeing the places where she spent her childhood, many old memories came back.

Near the apartment building where Tavia had lived as a child, there is a small park. Tavia has many memories of the park, "When I was young, I always came here to play with my elder sister. We would play late and forget about dinner time. My mother would have to come fetch us at the park. Everytime my mother would scold me. When I was unhappy, I would go to the park and sit there and cry." Although the small park is still present, there is a lot of construction going on.

When Tavia was young, she liked to eat many snacks. After school, she would often buy Boot Jai Gao (glutinous rice cake) to eat. "At the time I was attending noon classes. After school, I would buy the rice cakes to eat everyday. The store is still here, but the owner can not recognize me anymore. But the rice cakes still taste just as delicious!"

Tavia was mischievous as a child. Aside from fighting with her sister for toys, they would often argue; Tavia's mother had to displine her sternly as a result. Tavia liked to play with her neighbors. They would take turns hiding their shoes and try to find it afterwards.

Tavia was not afraid of anything when she was young. She would often play at the park's swings, slides, and see-saws. When she was on the swing, she would try to swing to great heights, not afraid of falling. But now, Tavia admits that if she were to swing so high again, she would be nervous now.

When Tavia was young, her mother would cook dinner at home all the time. When there was a rare opportunity to go eat outside, they would eat at the Dai Pai Dong (outdoors restaurant) near their home. Tavia said she was very happy sipping coke and spending time with her family. On Sundays, Tavia will go bike riding and eat chicken congee with her family.

"When I was a child, our family spent a lot of time together. I was very happy. But as we grew older, our lifestyles grew different. Because of friends and work, we no longer went bike riding with our parents. Thinking back to the past, they are very memorable experiences."

2. don

don ello

i love to eat boot jai gao too!! she is an awesome actress...good luck to her =)

3. her acting can improve though..she only average.

4. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

yea
    i love her movies
    too bad she not in leading actress
    there leading actress in hearist manual and safe guard are worst than her

5. Syreeta

Syreeta Well-Known Member

did she act in many series?

6. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

You could find her in Revolving Doors of Vengeance.

7. don

don ello

and like the academy

8. naruto1314

no
    she not in there

a case of pillow mystery (2006)
    Yummy Yummy (2005)
    The Academy (2005)
    The Prince's Shadow (2005)
    Twin of Brothers (2004)
    Vigilante in the Mask (2003)
    Find The Light - (2003)
    The 'W' Files - (2003)
    Vigilante Force - (2003)
    Golden Faith - (2002)
    Eternal Happiness - (2002)
    Whatever It Takes - (2002)
    The Awakening Story - (2001)
    Broadcast Life - FM701 (2000 - 2001)
    Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre (2000)
    Street Fighters - (2000)
    Return of the Cuckoo - (2000)
    War of the Genders -(2000)
    Green Hope - (2000)
    Crimson Sabre - (2000)
    The Legend of Lady Yang - (2000)
    Lost in Love - (2000)
    A Taste of Love - (2000)
    When Dreams Come True - (2000)
    The Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre - (1999)
    Kindred Spirit - (1999)
    Game of Deceit - (1999)
    Ultra Protection - (1999)
    Detective Investigation Files 4 - (1999)

9. don

don ello

thats a whole pile of series that she had been in -shock but hope to see her with the leading role.....she could show how good she can be -^_^

10. naruto1314

yea
    me too
    she need alittle bit more improvement
    that make it prefect

11. she wwasnt in that series!!! -what?

12. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

as a fan of watching the dramas, that is ALOT of series which she has acted in,
    hope to see her in future shows :)

13. naruto1314

me too
    hope she doesnt leave tvb without a leading actress

14. mint

mint Guest

shes got fans and lucks. hope she improved =p

15. TVB_Angel

TVB_Angel Well-Known Member

Loving Tavia...

16. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

I don't like Tavia that much.. =/
    I only saw her in a few TVB movies I think

17. naruto1314

wow
    kinda surpise to hear this

if there are like , there are also dislike

18. don

don ello

it's not always the way you think or want it to be.....different ppl have different opinions -lol

19. naruto1314

mostly think people either indifference but not dislike someone unless they cant act or play evil parts in may movie like sonija
    -_-2

20. don

don ello

sonija is really bad at acting and i think she's very ugly