Tavia Yeung Next to Leave TVB? Opening New Company with Moses Chan

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Nov 24, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

tavia-yeung-2015.jpg

In times where TVB is desperately searching for new blood to replace artistes that have left for job offers in Mainland China, the station’s dramas have been headlined by Miss Hong Kong winners. Watching as newcomers take over TVB, 36-year-old Tavia Yeung (楊怡) is rumored to be the next actress leaving the station.

Been Frozen for Four Months?

After the departure of Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) and Kate Tsui (徐子珊), Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) and Tavia Yeung are now the only remaining ladies from the Four Fadans. Rumored to be upset about the continuous promotion of newer actresses such as Grace Chan (陳凱琳), it is speculated that Tavia has teamed up with Moses Chan (陳豪) with an idea of opening their own entertainment company in China.

TVB managers have already begun negotiations with Tavia, whose contract is due to expire in April 2016. Unfortunately, Tavia showed no indication of renewing her contract. Tavia was noticeably absent from the 2015 TVB Anniversary Gala. Since filming The Last Imperial Physician <末代御醫> with Roger Kwok (郭晉安) in July, Tavia has not filmed another series and was “frozen” by TVB for four months due to the uncertainty of her contract.

Without any current filming obligations, Tavia was casually seen shopping for athletic clothing at a local mall. Although she had three series aired this year, Eye in the Sky <天眼>, Wudang Rules <潮拜武當>, and Momentary Lapse of Reason <收規華>, it is evident that Tavia has given up on the TV Queen race, especially with her absence at this year’s Anniversary Gala.

Creds: stheadline

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Stop freezing actors/actress goddamn it. You really think they care if you freeze them if they're going to leave anyways or increase their chances of resigning?

3. yea was wondering where she was at Gala

4. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Such a waste...this girl can act now...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

She's come a long way since she first started out.

TVB likes to think they can have their own way by freezing them ~ but you know the artists are just going to walk out anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Frankly, I don't know what people ever saw in her. I think she's ugly as sin and couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. Just my two cents...

7. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Love your honesty! Haha although I think she's cute and her acting has improved. It is stupid of TVB doing what they're doing...so sad that they're the monopoly in HK entertainment...I take it HKVT isn't doing so well still? Too bad they can't grab these veterans and throw them in their shows.

8. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

yea, i'm not really a big fan of hers too. She can probably act and all, but i just dont feel her acting.... just like i dont feel bobby's acting too because in most of his dramas, it's all the same except for the drama with the serious role, think it was a cop drama.

9. ralphrepo

TVB's control methodology has always been to dangle success in front of it's stable and the starving artist wannabe will always bite. At least, that's the TVB formula before Chinese entertainment matured and became a much bigger force to be reckoned with. But, like a one note canary that knows of no other song, TVB will continue to ply its traditional antics and the monopoly politics certainly helps.

Having said that, TVB has periodically pumped up the careers of many of its Keh Leh Fehs, those generally capable second tier background actors, whenever there was a need to fill their top shelf but no real talent was to be had. One look at how players like Nancy Wu and Natalie Tong got their start and this Keh Leh Feh to stardom pathway, at the pleasure of TVB of course, is borne out. Tavia Yueng is no different. While some second tier players rose to the task and blossomed when given that rare opportunity, Tavia, IMHO, retained a lot of her bit player baggage and can't (at least for me) seem to shake that KLF pedigree. Even when she's cast into starring roles, her stage presence seems to remain second class. Another such player is Roger Kwok, who apparently is great at playing little else besides mental retards. The sad thing about Tavia is, she not getting any younger. Despite the nose jobs her looks have not weathered time as well as some other notable female star commodities, like Michelle Yeoh (who looks elegant even in her 50's).

Thus, the sad part of TVB's formula is, that while dangling carrots and making stars of people may work with studio politics, whether someone actually is a star or not, really is beyond their control. Tavia Yeung being one glaring example.

10. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

so true.... i meant, look at Tony hung and Priscilla Wong.... Sorry to the fans of these two, but, who in the world r these people? lol. I've never seen them before and BAM, lead actor and actress....Their acting is... i dont even wanna say it, lol... Lets just say is not even close to being a lead

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ralphrepo

Well, at least Priscilla Wong is worthy as eye candy. I never really had much use for Tavia; her looks remind me of a horse's face. Now that she's getting older, IMHO, she's ready for the glue factory.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

TVB can't keep anyone these days.

it's going to be all young girls...

13. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

Anyone who goes to China like Raymond Lam is a traitor. It is kind of obvious that the once-TVB stars are money hungry individuals who won't remain or stay for the sake of their image, TVB, or character.

14. ralphrepo

But, seriously... can one blame them given the type of treatment that TVB gives its "star" players? TVB historically has been notorious for treating its talent assets very badly, demanding an unqualified loyalty even as it openly abused the employee. So when opportunity knocks, anyone who is wise would immediately consider counter offers. That is what I would call reason, not treason. TVB is welcomed to come up with a better offer. But, in their closed minded corporate way of thinking, they don't want to pay their talent what they deserve, so the talent walks. This isn't being money hungry IMHO, but being economically astute.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Exactly, TVB knows they are the only TV station in HK that has good ratings and can make stars so in that aspire, they have the upper hand on many of their employees and new artists, we see news of many artists needing 2nd jobs and support to make a living. So if these people, whether they work behind the camera or in front of it, when better deals and offers coming knocking, of course they'll go. TVB has had a monopoly in HK for a long time, now there are more companies in China and in HK that can complete with them to get talented people. Competition is a good thing, maybe TVB executives need to start getting off their fat asses and do a better job.

16. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

TVB does do a good job in giving fame to people. You could say it's because they're a monopoly, but definitely easier to get recognized as a TVB actor/actress than a ATV actor/actress. Once they get their fame, they go to China for money. This is why you always see veterans going to China for new opportunities (more $ as well).

Since China's market is so big, hard to get fame there. But if you successfully do, you'll be balling in $$$.

On the other hand, one actor I really respect is Wayne. I think he said he's happy with staying in HK and not pursuing the China market. Maybe Roger Kwok said that too but I'm only 100% that Wayne said it.

17. ralphrepo

But there's a big difference between the two; Wayne Lai is arguably a more valued, versatile asset over Roger Kwok. Despite being the same age, Lai has had a tremendous advantage of experience in both movie and television over Kwok. In fact, Lai's television and film listings is roughly three times that of Kwok's. While people may thank Roger for staying put, he's not the same marketable asset as Wayne. IMHO, Wayne is a fool to stay solely in HK. He could work in both areas. Given his ratings and star power, he would make a mint inland while still commanding a good salary in HK. At 51 years old, there's very little time for him to do so. He should give more attention to those offers.

18. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Definitely prefer Wayne over Roger as well.

But who knows. Maybe he truely prefers HK and genuinely likes acting so he would rather stay with his family and thus money is just a by-product. I know you can never have too much money but I'm sure he's probably financially stable enough with TVB being the top actor and endorsement deals. He probably values his family more than the extra dough he could make in China. So while he should give more attention to those offers and work in both China and HK, he's probably more happy to stay in HK with his family.

Obviously I'm talking out of my ass here and could be completely false :lol:

19. ralphrepo

That is an awesome reply :punk:

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

That is a totally believable reason why he doesn't go to China :boblaff: