Stephen Fung Opens Own Production Company

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Thursday January 12, 2006 Hong Kong

Stephen Fung Dak Lun has decided to terminate his contract with Jackie Chan's production company, JC Group. Stephen has decided to open his own production company.

There have been rumors that Stephen and JC Group had prior disagreement and that is the reason that Stephen is ending his contract. Stephen denied the rumors, "I signed the contract for only 2 years and I left on amicable terms. I am very grateful to Jackie Chan and Chan Ji Keurng for giving me so many opportunities. I am opening up my own production company because I want to focus on movies and commercials. If I have my own company, it is more convenient that way."

With a great love for movies and magic, Stephen's new production company is called "Film Magic Pictures." The company has successfully acquired the rights to remake movie Knight Errant. The company is reworking the script for filming; it will likely become the first movie that Stephen will make! Stephen said, "I am collaborating with Media Asia on this. We are almost done with pre-production and will be able to start filming in the end of January."

Since Stephen has always had a management company to take care of him, will he be able to handle all this work on his own? "I have a whole production crew to help me out; I have a lot of support. But in the future, if it is necessary, I would not discount signing again under a management company."

http://hkcelebrities.blogspot.com/
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum

2. boiboi67

boiboi67 Active Member

this guys is so kool...talented indeed...i look up 2 him sooo smart lol

3. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

yeah agree, he's a great director for his age

makes gd mov's.........................he got gd connections as well wiv american stars

i remember a few yrs ago i watched star news and i cant remember who it was, a female star that came to visit Stephen when he had a award.

ooooooo......nice signature shinobi.........

thinkin bt it i need a signature as well -lol

4. kimmi

kimmi Member

wow.. aint herd him for a long time.. where has he been lately? dats good, he got his own company now :)

5. garfielddik

garfielddik Active Member

i really miss him as an actor, he is so cute,
    hope when he film his first film, he will play in it too

6. he has directed three films already and all well done....hollywood is also interesting in stephen fung and his scripts :D it'll be a great opportunity for him to go over there -clapclap