South America

Discussion in 'Traveling Abroad' started by spech, Apr 22, 2012.

1. spech

spech Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of going to Argentina, Chile and Bolivia this summer? Has anyone been (or lives there)? I was just wondering how safe it is for tourists these days.

2. SeaBoundRhino

SeaBoundRhino Active Member

You wrote this around 2007..got there yet??!! Argentina is a favorite. Been there 3 times already. Same goes for Chile and Brazil. I will move to Brazil after a year and get a life that I've always wanted...fun and carefree!! yeah!! did I mention..fun?? hahaha
    [​IMG]

#2 SeaBoundRhino, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  3. SeaBoundRhino

A MUST visit my friend...Isla del Sol, Bolivia!!
    [​IMG]

4. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

Salar de uyuni, too!

5. SeaBoundRhino

^^^yup yup!! reminds me of the Dead Sea in Israel..looks like snow though...a must visit as well.
    [​IMG]

6. wilsonli

wilsonli Well-Known Member

I've been to Argentina, beautiful country, although they are going through rough times now. Go to Iguazu Waterfalls, is amazing, full yourself with steak and asado (argentinian grill). If you are a football fan, going to one of their games ain't a bad idea either, is a totally different feeling from other stadiums.

7. spech

spech Well-Known Member

Wow, that salt desert is stunning! I still haven't gotten there yet, but it's definitely still in my mind.

8. SeaBoundRhino

Dominican Republic all the way!!

9. Mitten

Mitten Member

I was in Argentina & Chile in Jan-Feb 2015, The places that I went were safe, but many places with English was quite limited, even the taxi drivers did not quite understand English.