Social Networks over Internet

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by Maverick, Apr 29, 2007.

?

Do you think that social networks over internet works?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2009.
  1. Yes, I'm using it right now

50.0%
  2. No, It will never work when I don't see the other party

50.0%
  3. I dunno, I have trouble even socializing with my neigbour :D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Don't know... I think I have a facebook account... though I am not sure what was my login =_=b

Apparently it's really good for event marketing... Friend's birthday party and stuff...

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but still..they shoudln't let high skool kids use it lol

4. pshhh didnt you sign up when you were in hs... -lol

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

no it dint' let me lol

6. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

Depends what you mean by 'works' I suppose.. which could vary from user to user.. Some might just use them for fun and it 'works' just fine. But if you mean forming a 'real' social network with strangers, unlikely. It will in most cases remain virtual. And the only 'real' ones are those that you already know them in person and it just helps to keep in touch. Works for that I supose.. to at least keep updated. But hey.. dun personally like using them myself..

7. lol you are so lame...

8. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

social networking over the internet isn't bad.... i got to meet sum of my old friends where i havn't seen since high school, and meet new friends of same intrest. some times well go out and have a drink or two. i keep my limited to close friends and friends of friends. i don't respond back to strangers cause my mommy told me to never talk to strangers.

9. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

What type of site are you using? Any popular sites?

10. Aya-chan

Aya-chan Member

It's great for keeping in touch with people over long distances, just I wouldn't recommend it if you just randomly msg some person through it... for that there is Lavalife or some other dating service..*shudders*

11. DuchSauce

DuchSauce Well-Known Member

I use it for contacting friends, not really for looking up random girls and messaging them, well maybe once in a while, but only because they're interesting.

12. falco

falco Active Member

They dont work very well but its a way to kill time i guess

13. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

not a fan of em.

14. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

If you can be very selective with choosing your 'friends' for social or business purposes, it can work yeah. It also depends on how you use these sites. Social networks over Internet is still a very young phenomena, I guess once the new thing has weared off, people will become more critical on whom they want to call 'friends'.

15. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

define work... in what way?... like to meet ppl for a relationship?.... doubt it...... meet friends? possibly but still doubt it....... to keep in touch with old friends ....yup..... myspace!!! :p...facebook is kinda weak....bout mainly around school stuff the last time i checked

16. voxov

voxov Member

it really is ok... great for catching up with old friends.. and great for making new ones!... for some naughty fun, certain sites work as well... and they provide great eye candy!