Snow business like show business

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hadouken, Dec 5, 2005.

1. [11/11/05] Snow business like show business

Credits : The Straits Times ; Singapore

Jay Chou

TAIPEI - He plays the piano, composes his own songs, sings and acts. Now, meet Jay Chou the music-video director.

On his sixth album and most recent record, Novomber's Chopin, the Taiwanese pop superstar chalked up a credit for directing the NT$500,000 (S$25,300) video of the song, Snow-Like Hair (发如雪).

To go with the Oriental tune of the song, the video is wuxia-themed and set in a Chinese inn. It tells of the past and present lives of a swordsman who is torn between two women.

Chou cast his friends and colleagues and even hired a former classmate to play the swordsman, he told United Daily News.

The report said that on the set of the shoot, Chou took his role as director so seriously that he lost his appetite at meal breaks.

Was it first-time jitters? Not quite.

Snow-Like Hair was Chou's fourth time at directing since he had previously filmed three videos for his proteges, pop group Nan Quan Mama.

"Those were experiments. I had to shoot them well so the company would allow me shoot my own music videos," said Chou.

Next, he may direct girl group S.H.E in a video. United Daily News said he called the girl-band's member Ella Chen recently about a collaboration, and they are now in talks.

Chou, one of the Asian pop artistes, made his movie debut this year in Initial D, a Hong Kong film based on a Japanese comic book. He is up for the Best New Performer in the Golden Horse Awards in Keelung on Sunday.

----------
    They took Nan Quan Mama's music videos for experiments ; but they were very well done. Jielun has yet another talent ; directing. :)

They did spend that much on ONE music video. Called up so many people just to film that.

S.H.E's so honoured to have Jielun helping them film a music video. :)

Jielun will get that Golden Horse Award. WILL. (

2. great MV!... the guy in the MV is his friend from highschool... man jay too talented!! he gonna direct movies soon too!

3. KrAznGirl

KrAznGirl Well-Known Member

he one best new comer for acting @ Golden Horse Awards in Taiwan