Skype bought out by Ebay!

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Knoctur_nal, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

what the hell..i heard this as a rumor yesterday..and today...its true..they bought them out for around 2.5 billion dollars...talk about a kefty chunk of change....i wonder what ebays plans are for skype..personally, as long as i can use their basic service from pc to pc...i'm good.

2. redforest

redforest Well-Known Member

it's actually 2.6b. ebay's main purpose for buying skype is to improve their customer relationships using skype. yahoo and other companies had made their offer but were all turned off by skype's high price request, they gave up on the deals as it's not too hard to develope their own thing.

anyway i guess there won't be much change for pc to pc call, since there are no charges involved :D

3. Knoctur_nal

lets hope it all stays free...

4. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

the reason why they bought it was to provide ebay customers with a way to talk to each other. this apparently builds more trust than over email.

5. Knoctur_nal

meh...ebays stinks either way....esp for ppl who got scammed...i've heard the stories...personally, if this move ruins skype, i would like to see google talk make it big...

6. Moki

Moki Guest

i loved ebay, cant wait to see how this works

7. Knoctur_nal

as a buyer, its cool for mesp with paypal.