Sina Weibo - 新浪微博

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, May 3, 2011.

1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

[​IMG]

"Sina Weibo is a Chinese microblogging site, similar to Twitter

Okay... I think the majority of us here has heard of Weibo right, or seen magazines always quoting Weibo? I have heard it before but never really wanted to join untill I was following Joey Yung's Weibo for the London concert. So.. I recently joined and LOL soo funny seeing all these hk actor/actress/singer/composer etc etc communicating on there and just joking around and stuff! :xd:

So I mainly joined to follow what they upto.. yes.. you can say it's like "stalking"them.. lol.

So who here has it? Who do you follow? What do you guys think? Have you ever had a reply off any of these ming sing? Should ming sing stop using Weibo? Give your opinion anything related to Weibo!!

It's just funny seeing all these HK artists on there. hahaha.

Also leave you Weibo url if you wish! :D

#1 SUSIE-DANG-1988, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Me don't have Weibo but I've heard of Weibo many times. Don't plan to make an account since it's difficult to keep track with so many online websites. PA does the job for me xD

3. SUSIE-DANG-1988

^ haha. but Weibo is actaully themself typing out.. and they also share photo's/vid and stuff. lol.
    But without following them on Weibo, I guess you can read by asian entertainment news like their gossip but it doesn't include all their small details that they update on their weibo. haha

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Weibo is the chinese version of Twitta. :p

I have weibo myself.. but i dont update. I just use it to get recent pictures of ming sings :)

Who do i follow? Here's a few:
    • CILLA!
    • Chrissie
    • Ella Koon
    • Chilam Cheung
    • The Voice (Alfred, Ryan, Lok Yan, Steph Ho)
    • MCJin
    • Bob (From Big Boys Club)
    • Laughing Gor
    • MingJai (From Youtube)
    • Ah Sa
    • Elanne

Even though i have no idea what the fuck they're saying sometimes.. I like their recent photos and see where/how they are.

Ming Sing should use weibo (dont have to, but shouldn't make it a rule not to).. so fans can know what they're up to lately.! :)

5. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I see many celebs use it, one of the best feature I like is the verification for celeb accounts, I think its great to see stars communicating with each other, sort of like asian twitter

6. SUSIE-DANG-1988

Haha, it's good if you can read Chinese to know what they are actaully saying. I follow Alfred too - Afred something about American Idol lol.
    Yeah, I guess that's why most of these celebs have weibo to update us fans? I update sometimes.. I don't have any "fans" .. so what's the point updating my weibo?? lol.

It is great to see them communicating! haha! I'm currently following 74 celeb and singer! lol! Never had a reply off them though.

7. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

if only i could chin...=/

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

^If you could what??

9. brown_bear

*read...missed a word out -emb

10. SUSIE-DANG-1988

BB , I thought you can read chinese? ...mut ng hai meh??
    chinen: what's you weibo url? I need more followers. ROFL!

11. mr_evolution

I thought BB could read chin?

Damn.

12. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Lol joker.

Ah so it's like Twitter (Twitpic for pictures) but for asians xD My reading is kind of rusty so I don't think Weibo is for me xP

Had to be Cilla in there lol, I was wondering do MCJin even write in chinese because in one of his YT vids he said he uses pinying for the script in BBC. Isn't Weibo based on Chinese characters only? Wait, do MCJin even use Weibo often, he sure Tweets a lot though on Twitter. Laughing Gor aka Michael Tse, awesome!

Lol, that's why I dislike following these celebs unless I'm a 'fan' of them.

13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Jin updates with english.. but he doesn't update often. Why would he update weibo when he could update twitter?

14. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    I see. That's true, twitter is faster because it's a status thing.

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Weibo is the same as twitter.

16. mr_evolution

Just watch Jin's vlog, he updates them pretty frequently

17. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i have weibo because i wanted to read what the celebrities talk about. too bad i can't read all chinese so most of the time i don't fully understand what they say lol.

18. SUSIE-DANG-1988

Yeahh.. basically weibo and twitter is the same.
    You can update your weibo in english..
    haha, seems like literally most of the celebs use weibo! I reply to some of the comments posted by these celebs!

@rNb99: If you want any off us to translate in English, just post here.. [since it's related to weibo]

19. brown_bear

i can chinglish but...yesh...bb no ready chin....only the easy ones like
    small, heart, big, person, numbers, water, etc =/

psssh...ho lek meh...>.<

20. kevin

kevin RAWR!

That would be long to post here and wait for a reply (to translate), would be better to just use google translate even though it isn't always accurate ha.