Sammi Cheng Gears Up For New Album

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Thursday June 1, 2006 Hong Kong

Despite not having any work for the last few months, Sammi has not felt pressured and recently let on on a message board that she is busying herself with her sister's wedding, before getting ready for her own work.

Since <Everlasting Regret>, Sammi has not been working and during this period, other than getting a good rest, she has been getting ready for her sister's wedding. On May 25, Sammi left a message for her fans on a message board saying, "nothing special. everyday feels free and quite happy. writing something. and busy for my sis's wedding."

Sammi has got along famously with all her siblings, and it is in particular this 3rd sister that she is most close to. The 2 are often seen going out for drinks and having chats late into the night.

Wallace Kwok, Sammi's manager, confirmed that she has been busy with her sister's wedding, but also added, "Sammi will enter the recording studio soon! It should be around June. Actually we are now waiting for Lam Jik's lyrics, once he's done we can record. Sammi has also accepted a movie, she has seen the script and likes it very much, but we're still negotiating, and we'll inform you once everything has been confirmed.

sammicheng.popz.tv/
    asianfanatics.net

2. sir_denster

sir_denster Well-Known Member

Yeaaaaah, can't wait to hear it! :)

3. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I think Sammi Cheng has already passed her prime. Her old songs were really, really good. Lately (for the past 5 years), her albums have been a disaster with very few likeable songs. But I like how she tries to distinguish herself from the pack & pronounces her Mandarin all weird, in her songs.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with her singing or her acting, but she has a really bad attitude & is extremely obnoxious! I went to one of her concerts, and through it all, she was just dissing on this one guy. That's not very nice, considering the guy paid hundreds for her show.

4. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Wow i didn't know her attitude sucks, anyway i haven't heard her songs for ages... So i wanna be listening to her songs again...

5. KK-chan

KK-chan Active Member

yeha...i always liked her on-stage persona..but i've always figured that she would be a kinda cocky person....

and she used to be good..haha..i blame her diet for making her singing suck...it's like..you can HEAR the difference in the songs..it's too bad..

but i'm still looking forward to new stuff from her..

i was just wondering where she was at..it's been a while

6. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

I loved her singing.

7. valkyrie_my

valkyrie_my Member

cant wait for her new album to come out!