Running sneakers and Basketball sneakers?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by EvilTofu, Feb 2, 2013.

1. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It such a pain to go shopping for a good pair of running shoes and basketball shoes.

I went to check out some today and mainly wanted to buy a pair of basketball shoes to play indoors for till it's warmer outdoors.

Lebron shoes are kinda heavy and way over price.

Duran's were ugly and felt ok but it has a curve on the outsole which I wasn't use to.

D Rose's was light and felt decent but it was ugly. And for that price, it's just not worth it.

The other Adidas bb shoes were nowhere to be found it stores.

I thought about buying a Jordan 13 black/red, had those back in the day and it was one of the best sneakers I ever owned, felt good and all. But not sure if it's worth it now cause I don't think I'll play ball with it anytime soon if I have it.

So many options for running shoes, all the colors and the fitting size are different from my basketball size fitting and I was not sure which one to buy cause there was just too many to pick from. Those workers there just eying on me to hurry up and buy one. lol

I just want to ask, does any of you people have any recommendations on either a bball shoes or running shoes.

2. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

3. u guys got some pretty cheap and sweet shoes in the states, if u want decent stuff in canada its going to be $120+ for runners and ballers. Check out some New Balance for runners.

4. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

have those in blue and nike free tr sometimes but those are not great for running no pad. If you get nike free get more padding i think the number indicates the amount of padding it has. Maybe go for asics.

These feels nice in person:
    http://www.footlocker.com/product/m...s/black/light-green/?cm=QUICK VIEW: MORE INFO

heard great things about these:
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11552655

6. EvilTofu

I went to footlockers to try some shoes on and the sales person was nice but he was like trying really hard to pressure you to buy a pair of shoes. There was no sales but there was for the same shoes online. Pretty much I could save like $40 to 50 bucks.

I really hate going there cause I know it'll be like that but it's one of the few places that have a large selection of shoes to do a fitting. Finding a pair of running shoes was a lot tougher than basketballs shoes.

7. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

i bought my running shoe online.. and my feet is kind of wide too. I forgot when was the last time i bought shoe from the store. lol

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

only buy shoes in stores

9. sikfonhupla

sikfonhupla Well-Known Member

For running sneakers you should try to find out what kind of feet do you have. There are two type of sneakers. Neutral and stability. The employees in the stores should measure your gait to see what type of foot you have and determine what type of sneakers to recommend for you. For me Mizuno, Asics, Saucony, and Brooks are a few very good brands for runners. New Balances are also good. Don't ever go for Nike.

#9 sikfonhupla, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  10. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

it depends how much are you gonna run or play bball ? you dont need a good pair if you're not doing it at a good level

for running shoes you need to know what kind of feet you have, check your walking shoes or your previous shoes and see which part is more used, the inside or the outside, it is to determine you put your weight on the inside of your feet or on the outside

and for bball, what position are you playing ? there is different shoes for the different position

11. EvilTofu

Well, I got a pair of asics running shoes. It's pretty good, they fit totally different than the basketball shoes, most of the running shoes I tried are a 1/2 size bigger. Bought it for $65.

I got a pair of adidas crazy 8 for $30 and a pair of hyperdunk 2011 for $60 on ebay.

The hyperdunks fit great but hadn't played in it yet but it felt good on my feet. The crazy 8's, Kobe's first shoes, I just bought cause I kinda want a pair and it was cheap and I won the auction by chance. It's a little snug but it does loosen up a bit with time. I already played in them a few times and it's pretty good but as expected of retro shoes, not much ventilation. So it's going to be sweaty in the days to come.

12. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

I like asics and saucony and wear sneakers about 80% of the time. Saucony especially can be as light as air depending on the model you buy.
    These are my standard kicks:
    http://www.asicsamerica.com/footwear/running-shoes/gt-3000-t358n-womens/

You don't want to cheap out on sneakers...I'd say always go for a good pair because your feet are important and you really can hurt yourself if you don't have proper footwear. ALSO, you should be replacing your sneakers about every six months...

#12 cailini, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  13. EvilTofu

I started doing more running about last year and started playing basketball again with some friends I met at a wedding. I run about 3 times a week, nothing too serious about 2 to 5 miles.

Started to play basketball again which was fun and I missed playing a lot but my body took a beating and the things that worry me most when playing are my ankles and knees. I do quite a bit of stretching before, during and after. I think I'll get a knee support sleeve or something. Getting banged up and stuff is no fun...lol

Definitely, if you are doing any type of sports, get something comfortable and a shoe for that sport. Some shoes are more versatile but it's not worth getting injured over it. I especially had a hard time getting a good pair of running shoes. There are so many options and price range. I really had to run for a few days or so to actually know if it's good. I never really cared about getting the right running shoes so I'm still new to what the best running shoes are right for me.

14. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

The Nike Lunar glide stuff is good. I have two of them for running and whatever.

Picked up Jordan 11's this month. Using it for just casual wear lol

15. sango

sango Well-Known Member

I'm a Nike fan so I would also recommend Nike running shoes.
    I just bought Nike Air Pegasus 29 and they are quite good, light and comfortable.
    The price is around 100 euro.

16. Piggywings

Piggywings Member

oasics is the best running shoes ever!!