Ruco Chan denies being shunned by TVB

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Dec 12, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Ruco Chan has recently dismissed rumours that TVB has been delaying the release of his new series to make way for Vincent Wong's drama instead.

As reported on On CC, sources recently claimed that Ruco's new action series, "Chinatown", was originally slated to be released at the end of the year. However, it was postponed so that the 2017 TV King could have his series, "Legal Mavericks 2020", aired as part of the TVB Anniversary Drama line-up.

Reportedly, the decision was made so that the company could nominate Vincent for Best Actor again for this year's annual awards.

When asked about it, Ruco said he is unsure as to why "Chinatown" has been rescheduled, except that he was told by the producer that there are certain things that needed to be handled.

As for the rumours concerning Vincent Wong, the actor said, "The rumours weren't just about Vincent. I also heard similar things about Raymond Lam making his TVB comeback. But I do believe the company is fair."

Asked if he was not saddened by the fact that he would not be nominated as TV King again this year because of the postponement, Ruco said it was not in his control. It is noted that he was not nominated in 2019 as well.

"I didn't have any series last year, and there was no pressure for me to compete. I didn't even go to the awards last year," he said.

credits: yahoo.sg

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Feels like he's going to leave TVB soon

3. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

tough luck. Doesn't matter where you work at, favors is always there

4. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

He should go to ViuTV then...