Ron Ng Promotes "Shock Wave" Releasing in Theatres April 20th

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Apr 14, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

shock-wave-ron-ng-2017.jpg

Ron Ng’s (吳卓羲) first big project after leaving TVB was the blockbuster Shock Wave <拆彈專家>, which opens in Hong Kong theaters April 20, 2017. The film, produced by and starring Andy Lau (劉德華), follows a former undercover cop who must capture a wanted criminal before he terrorizes the city with explosives.

The film, shot against a budget of HK$180 million, is directed by Herman Yau (邱禮濤) and distributed by Universe Films. It features a large cast of well-known Hong Kong actors, including Ron Ng, Felix Wong (黃日華), Philip Keung (姜皓文), Shek Sau (石修), Liu Kai-chi (廖啟智), Louis Cheung (張繼聰), and Felix Lok (駱應鈞). Mainland Chinese actors Jiang Wu (姜武) and Song Jia (宋佳) co-star.

Promoting the film, Ron said he is happy and grateful for the opportunity to work on Shock Wave alongside Andy Lau. His first blockbuster, Ron was overwhelmed by the scope of the project, which puts even the biggest TVB dramas to look tiny in comparison. One of Ron’s favorite scenes was the battle in Cross-Harbour Tunnel, which took place in a large-scale film set.

“I could never imagine myself walking in a tunnel like this,” said Ron. “It’s huge. It’s realistic. You automatically get in character.”

In the film, Ron plays Ben, an EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal Bureau) sergeant. Most of his scenes involve Andy, who plays his superior Cheung Choi-san.

“In the movie, Wah Gor is in charge of dismantling bombs while I handle the backup and support,” introduced Ron. “I’m pretty much his assistant and gofer, so there needs to be a convincing chemistry between us.”

Asking how Ron and Andy built their chemistry, Ron said, “Communication is very important, and in this case, it’s chatting. As this was my first time approaching Wah Gor, I was worried that he’ll think I’m too talkative or passionate. That can really turn people away. But I didn’t feel any of that at all, because Wah Gor would take the initiative to talk to you. He talked a lot about his time at TVB, and we shared a lot of our experiences. He wanted to get to know more about me too, as well as the other actors and crew.”

Not only is Andy friendly, he is also very serious and passionate about his work. Ron said, “He’s a hard worker. There is no doubt about that. You don’t really get to feel that professionalism until you step into the set. Because he’s also the film’s producer, he’s on set even when it’s not his scene. He would give a lot of suggestions to the director, and they’ll talk about the scene together.”

The 37-year-old former TVB actor is especially impressed with Andy’s diligence and meticulousness, as he tends to do most, if not all, of his own stunts. “If possible, he would do all of it himself, even for the most difficult scenes,” said Ron.

Shock Wave opens in Hong Kong on April 20, 2017.

Creds: Ming Pao

2. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

leaving tvb.for what reason again?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

I like Ron, he does good in these type of roles.

Although his character/role is always the passionate/chong dong ones :lol:

Interesting to see Andy and Ron collab (Y)