Review

Discussion in 'The Greatness of a Hero - 盛世仁傑' started by negiqboyz, Feb 19, 2009.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

What do you think of the drama?

I think it's fine. The storyline seems interesting thus far but hasn't gotten into the "real" problem yet. Look forward to seeing more of it.

2. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

So far it's decent but a bit early for a review, don't you think?

3. hayato2000

hayato2000 Well-Known Member

So far so good, well its almost in the middle of the serie, nice costume but kinda too colorful in the tang dynasty

4. negiqboyz

^ lol .. i don't even know which dynasty is it ... not chinese so but it's seem like a good show. i got to ep 5 and it's getting better. i think it's building up in the next two chapter .. that's my guess but i can be wrong.

5. hayato2000

lol me neither but u will know some when ur parents keep telling and use history to teach u things and ur father was a history teacher back then in hk :p :p :p sometimes its quite interesting to know :p

6. negiqboyz

^ so you know all the dynasty by heart??

7. hayato2000

lol that will be my father wish :p no actually i dont but china has a long, i mean really long history, so almost impossible to know all, beside no one is sure if they were correct or not :p

8. I like it so far, watched 3 episodes and is very interesting

9. negiqboyz

Very disappointed .. a lot of language is not proper in the drama. It's funny that they didn't catch it .. it's modern language .. not formal "tang dynasty" speech if you know what i mean ..

10. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Have TVB ever done anything in super formal language? NO!

come on, if you're making a drama, you should think about your target of audience. Would those 师奶 in HK actually understand those super formal language? I betcha , not really

11. negiqboyz

^ i guess so but it's funny though ... don't you think??

12. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

i think its good starts off boring
    and crap (probably cos that mr hk guy was there)
    and then when his head got chopped off... the drama got much better

13. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

I don't like the modern talk either but nothing you can do about it, they have done formal series in the past, shame the standard has slipped in this department.

14. negiqboyz

^ standard dropped cuz HK writer and management have accept western influence and forgotten their cultures and language .. to them, they can't distinguish the differences and is insensitive to the differences. SAD .. sigh

i also found out that the costumes are not the original ones from this particular "dynasty" .. so pathetic. i guess people wouldn't care .. making people especially younger generation more STUPID cuz i am sure young kids will tune tv and it's best to tell a bit of history. even though the storyline is fiction; some reference to history is correct. SADDDDD

anyway, the series starts to head downhill after ep 11 .. kinda know what to expect what to come ...

15. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i think its alrite...cos i like the ancient history stuff ^^
    i know my dynasties but the order is abit muddled :p
    <--- nerd xD

i like their little 'crime' solving cases as well...

16. compy168

compy168 Member

They use modern language due to Bernice is on this series. lol
    Anyway, does anyone where I can get the theme song for this series.

17. negiqboyz

yeah .. the theme song is pretty good .. you just have to look it up on the youtube and rip it off there ..

18. XDken

XDken New Member

So far the drama is getting good. I really like the theme song. It's been a while seem they made a good ancient drama. I'm still in episode 11.

19. negiqboyz

after ep 11 .. everything turns SHITTY .. i can't stand it anymore .. but i'll try to finish it before i head on oversea for work ..

20. markthad

markthad New Member

so far quite interesting... but chan kam hung really looks like a immature guy..especially the way he giggles... and the clildish voice!!