Raymond Lam Shaves His Head for Chinese Drama

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Dec 3, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

raymond-lam-shave-head.jpg

Soon to portray Huang Taiji in the Chinese television drama Rule the World <独步天下>, Raymond Lam (林峯) shared a Meipai video of himself shaving his own head in preparation for the Qing Dynasty role.

Greeting his fans with a smile, Raymond said, “Today is a big day for me. Rule the World is going to begin filming soon. I have a very important mission today, and that is to say goodbye to my hair.”

Raymond’s role, Huang Taiji, was one of the co-establishers of the Manchu-ruled Qing Dynasty. Tina Tang (唐艺昕) will star as Dongge, Ray Zhang (张睿) as Daišan, and Qu Xiaochu (屈楚萧) as Dorgon, Huang Taiji’s brother. Rule the World is a loose adaptation of the 2007 novel of the same name, about a woman of the 21st century who gets transported back in time to the Nurhaci period of late Ming China.

This particular television series, however, will not be adapting the time-traveling elements of the original novel.

In the short Meipai clip, Raymond said he is quite nervous to shave his head. Rule the World will be Raymond’s first Qing Dynasty drama.

“I’m going to have say goodbye to my hair for the next three to four months.” With a huge breath, Raymond shaved the right side of his temple. After a few more strokes, Raymond said, “Now it’s time to hand the job over to the hair stylist!”

Creds: Oriental Daily

2. chinadoll

chinadoll Well-Known Member

This is a very nice and touching drama, I wish b-lee could upload it for others to share it.