Pro and Cons of Screen Printing Technology

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Artwork Section' started by victorden, Jun 24, 2011.

1. victorden

victorden Member

Since decades t-shirt printers have depended on screen printing for creating fabulous styles and trends that lived over generations. Screen printing has always been a preferred medium for casual fabric printing industry. Iron-on designs were yet another popular printing method that was considered as a feasible alternative for screen printing. This was also popularly termed as iron-on transfers. However, these thick rubbery prints were prone to cracking and withering as time went on.

Another issue with iron-on was that the method was time consuming. On the contrary, printing was swift and efficient and also produced comparatively higher quality prints. In t-shirt printing industry, Screen printing has always been the standard printing method. However, with the development of digital printing, screen printing was largely replaced with the new technology.

With advanced designing softwares, the art of graphic designing evolved into a new. Since decades t-shirt printers have depended on printing for creating fabulous styles and trends that lived over generations. screen printing has always been a preferred medium for casual fabric printing industry. Iron-on designs were yet another popular printing method that was considered as a feasible alternative for screen printing. This was also popularly termed as iron-on transfers. However, these thick rubbery prints were prone to cracking and withering as time went on.

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

yayer saved me a trip to wiki!

3. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

don't wanna ruin the party... but doesn't the last paragraph repeat stuff from the first paragraph?

interesting read tho =)

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Useful for when I get an essay on Pro and Cons of Screen Printing Technology

5. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

needs more screen print cons! all i see is pros and a brief mention of digital printing. I know nothing about publication tho so yea XD

6. keenanA

keenanA New Member