Post Your Bokeh

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Artwork Section' started by kontradictions, Jan 10, 2010.

1. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

What is bokeh? The term comes from the Japanese word boke (暈け or ボケ), which means "blur" or "haze". In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image. - Wikipedia.

[​IMG]

2. Katibear

Katibear Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I wouldn't say that the image you posted is bokeh... that is more just DOF (Depth of field)

I could be wrong, but even reading through and looking at the images on the wiki, yours doesn't seem to compare, check out the images on the wiki.... slightly different

Bokeh tends to be images from light that form shapes like circles, squares, triangles.. you can even get lenses for bokeh to change the shapes of the light form..

Again, could be wrong but from my knowledge and reading the source of the wiki...

Anyway, here are my bokeh piccies, I may have more but takes forever wading through my photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.s - And if your right about your image then I have a few moreto post :kekekegay:

3. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

my haagen Dazs :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kontradictions

Sweet baby Jesus you had me feeling wrong for a second. I had to second guess myself. Here's a more in-depth (ha see what I did there?) information on bokeh. http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm I think my first post was a bad example of bokeh.

5. Katibear

Katibear Well-Known Member

Haha okay, well I believe ya - I wasn't entirely sure myself ... It's hard to define I guess!
    Sorry for making you doubt yourself -blush

Brr, looks so cold Tisken :) Good focus

6. kontradictions

It's all good. Everything I've learned in terms of graphics design and photography has been a result of people correcting me and giving me advice. I actually like it a lot when people stop me and make me think twice about what I've done or said.

7. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

these are really nice shots tisk! (Y) the pictures make the ice cream much more desirable.

8. kontradictions

Here's a shot taken with my 50mm f/1.8
    [​IMG]

9. eggrollboy

eggrollboy Well-Known Member

@ 70-200 f/4.0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member