Post pictures of your DIY projects!

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Dan, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I've always liked DIY projects, so this thread is to post some pictures of some DIY projects that you're doing :)

I'll start first.... MINI-DIY project, converting my ripped up headphones to sockophones (my leather earpads were shredded to bits and i didn't know where to get replacements):

[​IMG]

previous DIYs (yes.. this was like last year or something...)

[​IMG]

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

great idea of a thread

3. lol last post.. 2010.. anyways.. peppermint tin case amp.. that shiz was all the rage. I remember when people made tin cases for the ipod shuffle.

4. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Definitely a fun little engineering project that CMOY amp, hopefully it turns out well.

5. I know that was just a couple of hours ago, but I've decided to postpone the making of one until the summer...

but since i needed one now, i bought one off of ebay LOL

the one bought is made by "juice2214", who's made over a thousand of these, using much higher quality components, for the same price (and better quality), than the one i would have made.

I'll still make one over the summer though lol

6. Aaaaaannnnndddd I ended up not working on that CMOY.

Currently coding up a personal programming portfolio instead.

REQUESTING: Kontradiction's custom computer case on wheels. There wasn't any updates on that project lol

Shame no one else is doing any DIY projects. Would be great to see what people like to build.

7. Knoctur_nal

So many things on the list. not enough time.

8. Maybe list them. Can potentially give some ideas for others to do DIYs lol

9. A new DIY project!

I found this old school camera quick-release mount in my dad's old camera gear, and after some inspiration from ThinkGeek's equivalent clip (and the fact that it's fucking $80), I decided to make my own.

ThinkGeek's expensive as hell clip: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f161/
    [​IMG]

Ze materials:

[​IMG]

10. First prototype. Turns out the weight balancing was way off, so the camera leaned in such a way that it might accidentally slip off the belt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next prototype is going to be a longer clip that's going to make sure that it doesn't easily slip off, and add to comfort. Going to add some fail-safes so that in case it does slip off, it gets hooked on my pants and not fall to its horrible death.

11. Knoctur_nal

looking forward to mark 2 of this.

12. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

13. This is such a beauty dual monitor mount that's easy to make. Going to add this to my future DIY project list: http://imgur.com/a/APcgP

14. Knoctur_nal

Just grabbed a raspberry pi for a nas project. Will see where it leads.

15. Do post your thoughts on it! My buddy turned one into a web server to develop some projects, and it's perfect for the job.

Thinking of picking one up as well, once income starts flowing in lol

16. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Taking woodshop/construction right now, actually gave me an idea to make that now for my final project haha.

17. Knoctur_nal

Been waiting for this thing to develop since its release.
    It's light weight and pretty flexible in terms of use. Key is that its not meant for anything processor intensive-though that can be argued with its streaming capabilities.

Items ordered:

PI Model B:

[​IMG]

Case:

[​IMG]

Wifi:

[​IMG]

Powered USB HUb (to attach a ext 2.5 drive enclosure)

[​IMG]

Heatsinks:

[​IMG]