Pokémon X & Y

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by mr_evolution, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

The special Nintendo Direct has revealed Pokémon X and Pokémon Y for release this October on the Nintendo 3DS. These games feature the beginning of Generation VI and feature 3D graphics and loads of new Pokémon. The Water-type start is Froakie, Grass-type starter is Chespin and the Fire-type is Fennekin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moar Screenies

[video=youtube;4bIrWryFc7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryFc7A[/video]

2. Fire starter is always the best imo =P

3. Marshmallow_Boy

Marshmallow_Boy Well-Known Member

I've never really like pokemon for DS and gameboy. All you do is walk around the field or dung or water and battling.
    I find that boring.

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

me want charmander........old skool shits....

5. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

i always choose water type, but this time around, fire type actually looks like a pokemon, the rest in gen5 were all crap

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I like water or fire starter. Grass is known to make the start more challenging.
    Water starter can be used for surf and for Cut, use a HM slave =)

---
    I was reading about this and the Pokemon that look like a deer is called Xerneas (pronounced as: ZURR-nee-us) and the hawk like Pokemon is called Yveltal (pronounced as ee-VELL-tall).

Would I get this if I had the time? Yes I would, unfortunately I won't have the time to play this game.

When watching Nintendo [Pokemon] Direct I was so interested. It's funny how it has been over 12 years since the launch of Pokemon Red/Green (Japan first release). At first I thought this was like Pokemon Colosseum or Gale of Darkness XD on gamecube, but turns out it will be the 6th generation game coming out this October 2013!

7. mr_evolution

Still havent played B&W2 yet sigh

8. Man, i'm too old for this ish. . . still remember when it was first out... lol charmander I choose you~!

9. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

the heck u talkin' bout... Bulbasaur could solo pretty much till the 6th gym...

Fire starters became more valuable in the last 3gens because there aren't any good fire pokemon out there besides the starters... and even with the starters, Fire pokemon generally aren't very good... (hard for me to accept since I miss my old Charmander)...

Water has generally been the safest bet, problem with water is there's so many great water pokemon out there that it's unecessary to choose water to start with... although, mudkip and piplup actually become great pokemon, they're usually overshadowed by Gyrados and his crazy moveset(dragon dance fckin' crazy)...

10. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

i'm still playing W2, it just got boring. Its the first pk game i've played since sapphire. Currently i'm like 110 hrs in, 6 badges, and 50% of that was sleeping time. I end up spending all my time catching the rare ones like Riolu and Eevee. I have like 10 eevee's in my storage lol.

btw, the Xerneas, i nthe video, there's a X in its eyes.

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i used gameshark for red version....man, that was the best....

12. kevin

kevin RAWR!

You must have drugged your Bulbasaur with some EV training (510 max, 252 x 2 + 6 on other stats) and done millions of soft resets to get the right IV (31 max) to be able to solo with Bulbasaur!

Actually, I don't even know if you can do EV training in RBY, I just know that you can deposit the pokemon into the PC after being the E4 and the stats goes up.

13. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

I always chose Squirtle, and other than Brock the 1st gym, i could solo the rest of the way. Lt surge (sarge) becomes too slow and i could one hit before his raichu uses thunder.

14. mr_evolution

Anyone play hacked roms?

<3 Liquid Crystal

15. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Never heardo f Liquid Crystal

but I was playing this

[video=youtube;gKRo2ox2nUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKRo2ox2nUM[/video]

and I also have a red and green hack where you play as jesse or james.

16. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

srsly... Bulbasaur will solo Brock and Misty np, Ivysaur against Surge and Erika might be longer battles, but should be able to take care of them since no weakness AND you should have higher lvls over the gym leaders... no Weakness against Koga and almost time for Venusaur... by Sabrina, you'll have problems only cuz Psy > Poison...

rly not that hard...

Squirtle on the other hand, u will get butt raped by Misty, Surge and Erika... Misty will always have Spd over Squirtle/Wartortle, Raichu rape by Surge and Erika is like LOLz water on grass...

Charmander is the hardest go cuz u don't get grass/water till AFTER Brock, Misty rape on fire, Raichu still faster than anything you'll have not named Diglett... you roll face on Erika and Koga, but then Sabrina will wipe u after...

I mean comeon, you don't need EV training or perfect IVs to roll gym leaders... use basic simple approach...

17. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

WTF pokemon still going? wow

18. OblivionStar

OblivionStar Well-Known Member

oh how i miss playing Pok'emon

19. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Latest news I think is that new Eevee evolution. Seems like a normal type to me but whatever type it is, it look cool!