Playing RMVB videos on Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by davidonline86, Sep 3, 2012.

1. davidonline86

davidonline86 Member

What's the best Android Tablet that can play rmvb files (without having to convert)?

I was thinking about getting either a Samsung Galaxy or Google Nexus...any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, but it can't play rmvb files right off the tablet. You're going to have to download an app that play multiple media files. Currently I'm using the app Mobo Player I downloaded for free on Google Play Store (an app that came with Samsung Galaxy, and probably for every other android device out there). You can get the pro(cost money) version from the app store, or you can get it online for free, but the free version works just fine.

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Ive played .rmvb using MX Player. So pretty much any tablet that has Android OS can be considered.

4. ^ +1 for Mx player

5. davidonline86

davidonline86 Member

Do you need to convert the rmvb file to play or can you just drop the file into the tablet and it will automatically play in the media player app?

6. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

no converting necessary, just drop and play

7. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

Depending on what app you use, you might have to manually tell the app what folder to open to find the videos.

8. ccsquinty

ccsquinty Member

what is the easiest way to put rmvb (or any other video files) onto the nexus 7 tablet? onto the samsung s3 phone?

9. jesmirry

jesmirry New Member

You have two options:

1. find some player which supports playing RMVB files and is compatible with Android.
    2. convert RMVB files to Android supported formats like MP4.

#9 jesmirry, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  10. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

MX Player or BS Player works fine. MX is a hit or miss, i've had some work and some not work.

11. goofnerd

goofnerd Well-Known Member

no one use vlc player for android?
    user interface is good

12. Whoosh

Whoosh Well-Known Member

MX Player has worked pefectly for me. I think the pro version of MX Player was floating around at one point. ;)