Physics and God

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by Maverick, May 22, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Here is Dr Michio Kaku talking about complex physics and God:
    [youtube]OLUUCeAqOxs[/youtube]

2. afternoondelight

afternoondelight New Member

I am a great fan of Dr. Michio Kaku... He is able to explain some of the most complex theories in very simple ways for the general public to understand. I hoped to attend one of his New York symposiums when I visit NY. His discussion here is nothing new but it is quite interesting to note that he makes various categories of physics. Classical physics does not defy the theory of God. Modern physics defies the theory of God. He talks of the Big Bang. The Big Bang was once only theory until a startling discovery of the remants of the big bang came in the form of radiation! Today, the universe emits a radiation frequency that can be detected on any one of our technological devices. For example, the static you see on a tv is partly caused by the radiation emitted by the universe (0.005% to be exactly) Most interestingly, quantum mechanics comes back to support an ideal of a greater being, the theory of everything. I just have to say here, I am not a big fan of people talking about their religions on forums when they should be doing their research and questioning by themselves. Getting tidbits from other people who are not ALWAYS right makes things more cloudy. I wouldn't take anybody's opinion seriously on here especially when it comes to religion, science, and picking up women. (Especially people on here who talk of buddhism yet confuse many of the various "sects" on here)

If you haven't already... check out the movie "What the bleep do we know?" a more hands on approach to quantum mechanics and the broader scope of the psychological mind. Lectures are from various colleagues of physics (starring the awesome Michio Kaku)

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Now that we have proceeded to string theories and unification... What next?

4. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Another Michio Kaku Fan :) Did yo also see the 2057 documentary where he presents the future? I have posted them in the lounge. There are 3 episodes:
    - 2057: The Body
    - 2057: The City
    - 2057: The World

5. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Mav! -devil Howdy... Seems like I missed you.

Lol, so neway, i didn't get to watch the clip in full yet coz my connection's really sucking.. So i guess i haf to catch it sum other time.

6. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

What happened to your postings score??? You dropped below 3000???
    Did ya pay your party with postings -unsure

7. BabyRain

Well cuz Knoc moved some threads like Dear Life into the Offtopic section.. >.<

Haha as long as they dun take away my VIP :p

No change to urs?

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol im torrenting these now

9. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

[Off-topic]
    No changes in my count, since I had no postings in that thread.
    Great that you are still VIP
    You can have animated avatars, how about some vamp action -evil
    I really want to want an animated avatar :(

10. BabyRain

Huh ? so VIPS can have animated avatars? I dunno ... can u make me one? -devil

BTW, Mav, is there any chance that this clip posting was inspired by my thread ?

11. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Animated Avatars? See mail :D
    Perhaps, since I never got a good article to post in this session. I was reading the works of Dr. Michio Kaku :D
    And in his works religion is also used to explain things.

12. afternoondelight

Yes I have... all quite good. I especially like the idea of using nanotechnology since that is what I am researching. Have you check out the movie "What the bleep do we know?", that would change your preceptions. Also if you haven't, I really encourage you to read his books and also the book titled, "The 5 equations that changed the world." This book relates some of the works of stephen hawkings and the modern works of renouned physicist Marc.

13. BabyRain

Now why do I get this feeling that ur a Christian?

14. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that he is an agnostic.

15. BabyRain

Let's bet...

16. freedomriders

freedomriders Active Member

hmm... physics. I don't want to go there.

17. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I give you a custom made Babyrain avatar if he is a Christian.

18. afternoondelight

You are both so wrong... to assume is to make an ass out of u and me. Please if anyone does quote me ... quote me in its entirety, otherwise things are out of context.

I'll leave both of you ladies with one thought...
    Everything, in contemplation, that is personal or private, everything that depends upon habit, self-interest, or desire, distorts the object, and hence impares the union which the intellect seeks. A barrier is made between subject and object, such personal and private things become a prison to the intellect. The free intellect will see as God might see, without a here and now, whithout hopes and fears, without the trammels of customary beliefs and traditional prejudices. Sole and exclusive desire of knowlege is wasteful... what people seek in religion is not the wisdom that is needed.

-This is my knowledge, this is my belief. If you do not understand, don't ask me, ask yourself.
    -This will be my last quote on this thread. (I don't have any desire to post more)

19. BabyRain

Wow now if i needed a copy n paste, i'd google it myself.

Why would i need to quote u?

To assume is to make an ass out of u and me... how true... but seein that ur guilty of that urself, I guess u dun understand things that u copied n pasted. ;)

20. freedomriders

freedomriders Active Member

assume... ass-u-me, I get it