photography

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by DanK, Feb 20, 2005.

1. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

are there any photographers here? maybe we can talk about what kinds of effects you like to use. or what you tend to take pictures of. and such

i like taking pics of the sky. usually when there are clouds cuz they add texture. and it really helps if the sun is going down. or coming up. it really adds an interesting colour to them. maybe it will help if i post stuff up. in anycase i want to hear what you guys do

id figure writing and poetry are forms of art, so id thought it fit in there the best.

2. Praxis

Praxis Guest

I am getting into photography allot!

Just learned how to use an SLR manual camera (not mine) and how to develope film and burn on film paper.

Its good stuff, but thinking of investing in SLR digital if possible.... save money and time.

What are your thoughts on digital and manual cameras?

3. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

i like digital cuz it give you results right away. and you're not limited to a roll of film. you just need to buy an extra battery and a large card, and you're covered for the entire event. but i did learn with a manual camera first too. and developing my own negatives and 'burning'?.

4. Moki

Moki Guest

you know those non digital camera's? what would their mega pixles be if they were to be digital.

5. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

well from what i understand, if you got a negative, you can blow it up to any size. cuz it doesnt capture images using dots like a digital camera does. that probably didnt answer your question though. http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/gigapixel.htm pretty interesting site. and according to this site, the human eye can process 3780 x 2485.

6. redforest

redforest Well-Known Member

yep yep, the sky's dull if there's no clouds in it during the day.

i'm into photographing too, but hadn't gone out for it for quite a long while as i broke my slr, only got a lousy digicam with me now :S.

anyway i think u should have known this site already, lots of splendid pictures submitted by professionals.

http://photo.box.sk

7. redforest

redforest Well-Known Member

and yeah... the quality of the photo taken with digital camera can't compare with those taken with traditional camera, u won't notice it when the picture size is small, but it gets hella obvious when the picture size is bigger than A4.

8. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

yes finally!
    yea you cant compare them cuz the way the pictures are recorded are completely different. i actually didnt really get into photography i got my digicam. i just hated the idea of wasting film so i wasnt really experimental with my shots

9. aznboi08

aznboi08 Member

i mainly use photography as an expression, to show people how I feel and also to find naqtural "aww" out of normal objects.

10. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

i am not
    i want to take picture
    dont want to waste time to get digital camera

11. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

I like photography as well, it's lots of fun. What do you mean by effects tho? As in processing after you take the picture? Or what style to take the picture with in the first place?

Unless you're really really into playing with all the buttons, a good point and shoot can give you 90% of the SLR without having to invest a thousand dollars. Many point and shoot cameras now have manual modes where you can adjust shutter speeds, ISOs, Aperature and even focus. For $300, one can get a fun toy for the amatuer hobby type photographer.

You can't think like that. Film is light sensitive material, better cameras can focus light better which can make crisper sharper pictures. There are not MP equivs, and it's actually the other way around. Film is more sensitive than CCDs (the light capturing device inside digital cameras). So a good film camera will actually give out better picture quality than a good digital camera.

12. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

A few samples from a car photoshoot my friends and I took with our lowly point and shoot cameras :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my camera is just a 2MP -sweat

13. gyyr2

gyyr2 Well-Known Member

The digital photos I like taking are of the flowers in my garden. I prefer to take close-ups of the petals as they have beautiful shapes and colors. I've been lucky a few times waiting patiently for bumble bees to settle on the pollen. I use them as my screen saver.The camera I use is the Casio EXZ40 exilim 4mb-sufficient for my use.

14. lionheart

lionheart Well-Known Member

photography is good! especially when they look so good =]

15. naruto1314

true
    also a photo worth 1000 words

16. don

don ello

yeah, a photo is worth 1000 words. :D That is so true.

17. naruto1314

yea i know

18. Our

Our Member

I think photography can be used effectively and sometimes it could also be over used you know! So yeh