PC gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by zihe, May 26, 2006.

1. zihe

zihe Well-Known Member

PC gaming is becoming more and more popular, graphics are amazing. with a good graphics card, your pc can out perform an Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube. ATI and Nvidia just keeps em coming. PCs can also be used for a load of other crap. I think in the future, there will be no more consoles, just PCs

2. umm not really... how long does it take to set up a game on PC and how long does it take to set up a game in Console?? How many PCs can you say are capable running high end games...

3. pacho

pacho Active Member

l33t pcs can run l33t games
    time for an upgrade!
    yeah my comp is too weak sauce to even run call of duty 2
    but that's why they invented fry's electronics

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

look at the specs for the xbox 360/ps3...i'd def say that these are more high end gaming on the brink of pc devices...its like a pc dedicated to gaming...i mean..cmon..u can even boot linux on the damn xbox360...

5. yea but consoles are cleaner... with consoles are almost always guaranteed to run games smoother, nice n sound. no messy installs... just throw in a disc and play... thas it. That's like saying Watching videos on PC is gonna replace TVs n Dvd players... It's just a different kinda experience... n set up.

6. Knoctur_nal

agreed...consoles are cleaner..but thats because its got the parts of a pc dedicated only to gamin....key here is pc parts inside the device...eg:

1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
    2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
    3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
    4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
    5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
    6. Detachable 20GB drive
    7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
    - 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
    - 2 hardware threads per core
    - 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
    - 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
    - 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
    - 500 MNz
    - 10 MB embedded DRAM
    - 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines
    - unified shader architecture

Memory
    -512 MB GDDR3 RAM
    - 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth
    - 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
    - 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
    - 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio
    - Mulitchannel surround sond output
    - Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
    - 320 independent decompression channels
    - 32 bit processing
    - 256+ audio channels

7. gee your really aimin' for that "top techy" aint cha?

well it may have some components of a pc... but pc gaming will most definitely not be able to replace console gaming... for one thing pricing... how much is a ps2 now and how much is a pc capable of running games that are like the ps2? and besides... PC... big ass thing... ps2... size of a book... Now are you gonna haul your big ass PC to a friends place... ??

8. and what specs are those for??

9. jonyblayze

jonyblayze Active Member

its doubtful that it'll happen... theres jus not as many ppl who are computer literate enough to fiddle with pcs than there are ppl who can just pop a disc in and play. its all bout simplicity. I'm more of a pc gamer tho, mainly cuz of the ease of downloading free games:)

10. Knoctur_nal

ha..the point was to make the specs anonymous...haaa..n yes..i have taken my pc to a friends place....ok...i agree...pc games will not replace consol gaming...its consol and gaming thas heading in the direction of pc gaming...;-)...

11. agreed... but then again once they come out with that motion sensor technology where they're talkin about practically being able to smell the gaming environment... then consoles are gonna have a bigger advantage...

12. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Well i always play games on the computer now i hardly ever play on my xbox. I just find online games betta as there are more ppl playing at the same time and you can chat to other ppl

13. well that's because you dont have any real friends -lol... jk ... yea pc does have its advantages but in terms of replacing actual console game... it may never happen..

14. goo wak jai

yeah that's what i thought you best be joking LOL i use to play abit of online gaming on my console but it's not as fun as online games.

15. I suppose but my friend told me the MGS: Subsistence online is supposed to be a lotta fun... with quite a bit of people playing... but I have yet to get a network adapter.. >_<

16. Knoctur_nal

i know alota ppl that hardly play their consoles these days...

17. well and I doubt your even doing the PC gaming consider how much time you spend here..

18. Knoctur_nal

its called mobility man...somthing u may or may not achieve....as in net wherever i am.....n right now..i'm rocking ghost recon for pc...

19. zihe

zihe Well-Known Member

i got halo, call of duty 2, sin episodes:emergence, SWAT 4, NBA Live 06, Need for speed most wanted, Fable, Chaos Legion, and Dynasty Warriors: Hyper

20. goo wak jai

Hm... i played some of those games, halo is a good game, fable is alright... need for speed is quite cool!