November Andy Lau News

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hadouken, Nov 14, 2005.

1. DATE: 14 11 05
    SOURCE: ANDYLAU.COM
    TITLE: DESSERT

" It's cold here but super warm in my heart, just because of the things that you did it to me.1000000000000000 thanks.......... I'll take good care of my legs,my hands,my face and everything----- Have a good dream Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz bye-bye----ANDY "
    AL
    Message left by andylau [andylau] on 14/11/2005 @ 0:27

42TH GH AWARDS

A World Without Thieves won Best Screen Adaptation award, The Mermaid won Best Art Design award.

13/11 @ 2200HRS
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY TW
    TITLE: ANDY TOO ACTIVE STARTED WORK ON WHEELCHAIR

Ah Xia's most loved, Andy Lau, injured his legs 2 days ago in Beijing during shooting, this made Ah Xia's heart ache so much. But he is such a workaholic, he does not listen to the doctor, he went to work in a wheelchair, even at the hotel at night, he refused to sleep, he was busy with photo selection for his upcoming Cantonese album , really Ah Xia is very annoyed with him!

Ah Xia heard that as soon as he was injurd, his andylau.com went paralyzed, because his fans were so busy sinding him regards, his friends busy sending him sms-es. Hope Andy can take Ah Xia & his good friends concerns, take good care of himself, dont be like an active child running here & there!

n33.jpg

n35.jpg

n34.jpg DATE: 13 11 05
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY/THE SUN/O D/WEN WEI PO/TA KUNG PAO/SING PAO/MING PAO/SING TAO
    TITLE: ANDT DOES TAP DANCING TO TELL ALL HE IS FINE

Andy injured the ligament of his L leg while shooting a scene jumping down from a city wall a few days ago. He did not however follow the doctor's instruction to rest & was back at the studio yesterday. The director Jacob Cheung had a wheelchair specially prepared for him, this gave him a shock!

To him, it is only a small matter, he does not want to be on the wheelchair. But the director insisted, he thinks the studio is too big, & does not want him to walk too much. Smiling as he sat on it, he quipped, "Then I shall take it as a human trishaw!"

After the news of his injury was reported in the press, concerns from his friends & fans poured in. Felic, Ah Sa, Cherrie & many in the circle called to send regards with trunk calls & sms. He is v thankful with the concern but wary that his injury was exaggerated. Thus he filmed a video clip & put it up at his website for all to see, to tell them he is really alright. It is probably the leg support given by the dr that gave everyone the impression he was seriously injured, & made everyone worried, he feels sorry

The video clip resulted in a traffic jam of his website, at one stage the site was down completely .

At the work site, he kept saying he does not need rest, but the director told him to go back to the hotel early, & came back the next day. But Andy who cannot rest, when he was back at the hotel, he began working on his new Cantonese album coming out in Dec. He picked the album cover & design personally . He has a lot of confidence with the new album, as he is releasing new songs with some classic compilation, he recorded many songs that are good but were never recorded in any album before.

SOURCE: SING TAO
    TITLE: RESULT OF 100 TOP STARS OF 100 YEARS OF CHINESE FILM OUT

100 years of Chinese Films announced the names of the top 100 actors yesterday, those included are Jacky Chan, Chow Yin Fat, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Cheung, etc so were the late Anita Mui, Leslie Cheung, Bruce Li....

n32.jpg 12/11 @ 2130 HRS
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY TW
    TITLE: ALL FOUR TURNED TO NAUGHT AWARD

Golden Horse, Golden Bell Awards come one after another these 2 days. In order to encourage those who are not able to get award, or to give out awards but had on the usual days contributed much to the circle with news, love rumors, scandals, Papaya Xia (the writer) is giving out 2005 Golden Papaya award.

As the saying goes, life is a chance combination, the theme of awards will be called 'Accident'.

All Four are Naught award:
    Winner : Andy Lau
    Andy was the Best Actor last yr. This yr armed with 4 movies he entered. In WTYO he used special make up to such that even his skin was peeled off. In ABL he touches on love in life & death, in YOM & AWWT he had to play cool as thief, but no a single one he acted makes the jury feel that he is qualified to be nominated.

Ah Xia is v vexed, his performance this time is definitely more colorful than before, got old one, handsome one, even as pickpockets, with this he cannot even get nominated, what the jury had done, looks really like picking on a person!

Ah Xia would like to suggest to Andy, since the jury does not want old one, handsome one, next time you better act as a horse, who knows u may get an award, see who is afraid of who!!!!

n26.jpg

n24.jpg

n28.jpg

n29.jpg

n30.jpg

DATE: 12 11 05
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY/THE SUN/O D/WEN WEI PO/TA KUNG PAO/SING PAO/MING PAO/SING TAO
    TITLE: ANDY LEFT LEG LIGAMENT TORN FORCED TO REST

[News as reported yesterday]

One of the 4 investors, HK Sun Dream Motion Pictures director Xu Xiao Ming said, "When I heard the news, I was so worried that I wanted to fly to Beijing to understand the situation, only when I heard Andy is alright that I am relieved!" Cherrie Yin sent Andy a note: "Rest well & get well soon, so can shoot well, I'll buy you pineapple bun!"

Felix Wong who called Andy yesterday said, "After I had called him then only I knew he was injured, he is always so serious with his work, he would rather not use a double, I have advised him, now age is catching up, have to see the situation, dont do when it is too dangerous!"

Jacob Cheung: Health is the most important!
    Miu Kiu Wai: Not young anymore
    Charlene Choi: Remember to be good
    Gigi Leung: Beg you not to be too insistent

ANDY TOWN:
    The injury sustained when one falls from a height depends on which part of body hit the ground first. The commonest sites injured are the soles & back. If landed on the feet, the calcaneus will be broken. If landed on the backside, the backbone esp the tip will be fracture. For fracture calcaneus, the sole will be put on plaster, as can see from the pic, the foot is ok! The spine is ok too, he can sit well!

The support on the leg is a removable one, that means injury is not bony. The support goes from the thigh to just before ankle, looks like the injury is around the knee, which needs the most support & rest. If ha had twisted his knee during landing, a torn ligamant is msot probable. In addition to some soft tissue injury.

Andy be kind to yourself, rest well & wish you a speedy recovery!...

11/11 @ 1530 HRS
    TRANSLATED FROM ANDYLAU.COM ACTIVITIES INFO
    TITLE: ANDY INJURED IN BEIJING

2 days ago while shooting a scene of flying down from a 5-storey tall wall, Andy injured the tendon of his left foot. As it was very painful, Andy the Ironman had to stop work & went to Beijing Hosp for a check up. The action scenes to be shot these few days will be suspended, indoor non-fighting part will be filmed first.

The scene was about Andy rescuing others & dropped from a wall 5-storey high. Though the crew had taken all the precautionary measures, the hard impact on landing had injured his L foot. After the fall his facial impression was that of severe pain. But as usual, a professional Andy when the crew yelled "Hua Ge, are you ok?" silenced momentarily, he stood up, said, "Nothing, continue." At the end of the day when work was over & he was back at the hotel, he began to feel the pain. But he ignored it. The next day he endured the pain & went on wire. After he had finished his part, he told the staff, "I think I am going to see a doctor." His leg has been paining for a day, but he bore with it as he did not want to hinder the progress of shooting.

At Beijing University hosp, scanning showed suspicion of a crack in the bone. A MRI was done, luckily the report turned out to be negative. It was the tendon that was traumatized & torn. The dr advised him to rest for 4 to 6 weeks, during the rest period he is not to move a lot. said the dr, "Who does not know you are the most energetic person?! You don'’t have to say amything , you have to take good care of yourself, many people like to see you movies!" The dr used rubber & iron rods to stabilize the foot, & gave him painkillers. Smiling the dr said, "In normal people, I may not wrap up the leg, but for you, I have to! You must be good & listen to me! I have written the medical leave, you have to rest for at least 4 to 6 weeks. Give it to the director, no way but to rest!" Even Andy laughed.

At first when Andy heard he had to do a MRI he was v worried, as he felt v painful, as he sat there waiting for the report, he saw the medical staff carrying copies of scan to & fro, he was even more afraid. Luckily there was no major problem. Later when he heard the doctor who used praising words to scold him he laughed. He told the dr, "Dr, your words made me feel so proud."

After the plaster, he went back to the hotel to rest. Jacob who was still in the location, had asked the crew to give him the report first hand to see if Andy needs to rest, but Andy with the leg wrapped was already in the living room, he said, "No problem, can work, even on wire, but do not move too much!" But the crew took him as crazy. The director wrote a note to him, "Your health is more important, Don't say anymore, I will arrange for less action parts to shoot first. .." The original plan to shoot action scenes will be stopped. Andy has to listen to the director, from tomorrow onwards be good & do not move too much, hope in a few days he can be better, & can shoot action scene again.

DIARY 11 NOV 2005 BY ANDY

Thanks for your kind concern…..
    I can eat I can move I can walk I can jump I can fight, every minute I am fitter than you……….
    So, don't worry. I have received many calls & concerns from friends…
    Some even say, "I have known people in Beijing…."
    Hahaha. Don’t have to come to visit me……..
    I have no time to receive you, hahaha.

[see pictures at andylau.com activity info ]

n23.jpg

11/11 @ 1230 HRS
    SOURCE: TW APPLE DAILY
    TITLE: ANDY SAYS SORRY TO BE ABSENT @ GOLDEN HORSE AWARDS

The 42th GH Awards will be held this Sunday. Awards presenters & nominees have arrived one after another in TW. GH organizer had said earlier that not until the last minute they will not give up inviting Andy. But the chairman disclosed that after calling Beijing & mading an understanding of Andy's shooting schedule, he has dropped the idea, & will not forced him to come.

After clinching Best Actor award in front of his arch-rival Tony Leung last yr, Andy promised to come at the post awards bash, but now due to shooting Mo Attack, failure to get any nomination with 4 entries, the chance of him coming is almost nil.

It is the trend for the Best Actor & Actress of the previous yr to give out the same awards at the GH, but Andy's co announced he will not be able to make it, on 28th last mth. This made GH miserable, which had until last moment still hoped he would come. Yesterday Andy's manager Song Xing Juan clarified, "Andy had pleaded Jacob to release him, but the director flatly refused. Andy had said several times, I am v sorry towards GH." Yesterday when Andy heard that GH is not forcing him to come anymore , thro the manager he apologized to GH again. Tsui Hark & entourage from China will arrive today, ShuQi, Chen Kun & HK entourage tomorrow. On the 13th, Lee An, Takashi Kaneshiro, Leung Ka Fai, Simom Yam, Gigi Leung, Fann Wong & others will be in TW.

2. glowinggecko

glowinggecko Active Member

Andy's message made me laugh.. so cute!

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Andy is gettin old

4. how can andy get hurt? i thought he was a robot made by the chinese government. :rofl:

#4 shinobi, Nov 15, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  5. n38.jpg

DATE: 17 11 05
    SOURCE: TVBS E NEWS
    TITLE: LOVEY DOVEY ANDY IN MV BUT CHILD-LIKE OFF SCREEN

HK Heavenly King Andy Lau's injury in Beijing has caused a lot of concerns among his fans, who wants to know more abt him at the moment. Here we let u see his latest MV. In this MV, he plays a soundless love affair with Angelica Lee.

At one moment he teased with a split, at the other he was teased by kids & laughed heartily. Usually a charming lover on the screen, seldom can u see his child-like other side.

This is at the location shoot of his new MV for his upcoming Cantonese song. He jested he has become a 'child slayer', "They are all 5 to 10 yr-old, I do not know why they seem to be so familiar with me, before they leave they even tell me they will be thinking of me. The children nowadays are terrific, v sweet with words!"

In the MV, he was an artist, while Angelica a mute girl. They fell in love, Andy fed her food, peeled fruit for her. He hand-picked the female lead for this the close screen relationship.

"I feel that Angelica has a special charisma, I could feel it when I dubbed the radio drama with her, her voice is enough to make me feel the pain, so I really wish to work with her."

Angelica with her big eyes, looking pitiful & moving, no wonder is loved by Andy.

16/11 @ 2300 HRS
    SOURCE: ETTODAY.COM
    TITLE: COMPARING THE PAST TWO GOLDEN HORSE AWARDS

Viewing rating of this session of Golden Horse Awards when compared to last year was like sliding the slide. In segments, the highest rating for this year is even lower than the lowest rating of last year's.

Last year's GH glittering rating hit the peak at the last segment when Andy & Tony vied for the Best Actor award. It hit as high as 9.15 TV reception. The tease by Cai Kang Yong with his mask, & Lin Ziling 'Hug-hug' won the credits, but this yr the rating slipped 3 fold.

Both sessions of GHA have cast & stars similarly strong, the hosts performance was good, why is the severe disparity in rating? The performances this yr leaves a weak impression on viewers, though Chang Hui-mei's singing was excellent, but on a careful note, her songs were almost like last year's, it lacked freshness. Even Kaneshiro failed to garnered a good rating, it was only 3.79.

On the hosts, both Cai Kang Yong & Hu Kua are both A list, Lin Ziling & Patty Hou are equally pretty, but the rating is lacking far behind, it can be seen importance the flow of the show & the performances. The slip makes one worry the lack of talents to hold shows of international standard.

SOURCE: GUANG MING DAILY
    TITLE: HIGHEST INSURANCE FOR ANDY'S CONCERT

According to sources, Absolute Entertainment had invested a sum of M$11.4 mil to insure Andy, after news of his fall in shooting. This is the first time the organizer is buying such as high insurance since it first handles concerts.

This paper at the first minute contacted A E director Mr Huang Chong Xiang, who asked the reporter where did the news come from, & denied paying M$11.4 mil on insurance. He explained, "We buy insurance for most singers when they hold concerts. Actually there are many types we buy, some just once for the production, dancers, crew & singers etc as a lump sum."

Earlier Mr Huang had disclosed he had invested a sum of 1 mil on Andy alone, as the stage has many traps & has 5 storey high lift. For a concert, this is a big sum. When asked how much Andy is now insured, Mr Huang said it is not convenient to disclose, but he does not deny this is the highest sum they had ever paid.

According to the news report, the dr had advised Andy to rest for 4 to 6 weeks. Andy is holding a concert in Msia on Dec 10, it is only abt 2 weeks away. Many fans after hearing Andy had injured himself, called the newspaper to enquire his injury, & worried if the concert will be on as usual.

Mr Huang reassured the fans, "I had called Andy personally, he said what he has is a minor injury, there is no problem at the moment, he had reminded me to tell the fans, he will continue his concerts till the end, his injury will not affect his performance in the concert.

Andy will arrive in Msia on Dec 8 for rehearsal, as to if there is a press meet, Mr Huang said he is still arranging.

DATE: 16 11 05

Andy was in al.com char room last night! He typed in English but said he will learn how to type in Chinese next time, he asked the fans to slow down as they were too fast for him! He said he is only 44, still young, when he is 66 he wont do that kind of action in movie! There will be no concert in 06, if there are other shows, fans will be informed. Other than his L leg he is fine, he has shooting at noon today. He will be back to HK ard 20th for a body check ...

n36.jpg

n37.jpg

SOURCE: TVBS E NEWS DATED 13/11
    TITLE: ANDY USED VCR TO TELL FANS HE IS ALRIGHT

Andy had filmed a short video clip to tell his fans that his injury is not major. Despite the injury, a mischievous Andy used the wheelchair as toy & turned here & there. He said, "It is me who is useless! I can even get injured with such a simple act, Sigh! Nothing can be done, but I am ok today!" He looked spirited, & stressed he can still walk.

He said, "I can walk, everyone please do not think I cannot walk, the director bought this wheelchair for me, so that I can get over to the other side faster, as I walk too slowly. The director said this chair looks beautiful, but I say it is dirty."

In his 20 years he was seldom so hard hit, the news made his fans & friends worried. Thus he filmed the clip to reassure them he is alright.

DATE: 14 11 05
    SOURCE: ANDYLAU.COM
    TITLE: DESSERT

" It's cold here but super warm in my heart, just because of the things that you did it to me.1000000000000000 thanks.......... I'll take good care of my legs,my hands,my face and everything----- Have a good dream Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz bye-bye----ANDY "
    AL
    Message left by andylau [andylau] on 14/11/2005 @ 0:27

42TH GH AWARDS

A World Without Thieves won Best Screen Adaptation award, The Mermaid won Best Art Design award.

running here & there!

6. n39.jpg

17/11 @ 2200HRS
    SOURCE: NEXT MAGAZINE #819
    TITLE: CAST AS HERO AARON TO COUNTER ANDY

Aaron Kwok who had just won Best Actor award at the 42nd Golden Horse had set off to Malaysia to film a movie titled Father & Son. At year end he will be cast in a big period epic ,Zhong Lie Tu. The storyline & settings resemble Mo Attack, currently taken by Andy. The investors states they are using Aaron to counter Andy who failed to be nominated this year.

According to sources, this new movie will be directed by the mainland directors Lu Chuan & Liu Xin, made famous by the award-winning movie, Kekexili, which was named Best Film at the Golden Horse before. The movie Zhong Lie Du is an adaptation of an old movie filmed in 1995 by Hu Jin Quan, touted to be Chinese Art Martial Guru of the century. Aaron will act as of the Ming dynastry legendary hero Zhao Deng who fought the Japanese pirates. There will be many horse riding scenes, the movie had been given the green light by the Beijing movie bureau to shoot. On the new movie, Aaron refused to disclose, said, "After Father & Son, indeed I am taking another movie, but the stages have not been fixed yet." Coincidentally, Andy who had nil nomination at the GH this yr, is shooting in mainland currently a movie, adapted from Japanese comic Mo Attack, the backdrop of which is The Three Kingdoms. Both movies touch on wars strategy, both are to be screened at the end of next yr. At camera opening, Andy had said that he will use this movie to enter GH, both Kings meeting head on, it is going to be a tough fight.

7. Nov 20 & Nov 21---As I am in HK for the Birthday Party organized by AWC, news update will be delayed!
    Till then, Bye2!!

n55.jpg

n56.jpg

n57.jpg

'Handsome Hua, your position...
    'Haha' 'Heehee'...
    'Help me'
    'So stupid!'

n58.jpg

Crying Ge Li in Mo Attack, "Why ??!.... injured my leg.. sigh! "

19/11 @ 1800HRS
    SOURCE: SUDDEN WEEKLY #538
    TITLE: LAME ANDY BEING SUSPENDED 30 FEET HIGH [PART II]

Recalling the incidence, Andy thought it was only a minor twist at first & should be OK after rubbing some oil & a night of sleep when he was back at the hotel. But the pain did not get any less the next day, but he bore the pain till afternoon when he went to the hosp, where he had X ray & MRI done. As he was waiting for the report he got more & more worry, "I saw the dr & the nurses took my films, discussed among themselves for a long time, it was v worrying. At that moment I was really afraid, as after a day the leg was still so painful, shooting was only half done, how ? In fact, there are still a lot to do, if it is serious, how..." Finally the dr diagnosed that he had pulled & injured his L lower leg tendon, there was some tear & needed to be stabilized with rods & bandage. "For an ordinary patient, I may give allowance in not bandaging the leg, but you are Andy Lau, I must tie you up!" The dr reminded him again & again not to bear weight with the lag, so as not to aggravate the condition.

Though the limb is immobilised, he does not idle, other than moving around in a wheelchair, he drew cartoons on the wall, including his look in the movie, cute animals, the crew all came to see, they praised highly of his drawing!

[THE END]

DATE: 19 NOV 05

Andy has come back to HK yesterday!

n52.jpg

n51.jpg

n53.jpg

n54.jpg

18/11 @ 2300HRS
    SOURCE: SUDDEN WEEKLY #538
    TITLE: LAME ANDY BEING SUSPENDED 30 FEET HIGH [PART I]

On Nov 10 (last Thursday), while shooting a scene of flying down from a 5-storey tall city building Andy injured his L leg & needed a wheelchair to move about.

Though the dr strongly advised that he shd rest for 4 to 6 weeks, famous for being earnest with work, after a short rest of a few days, Andy screamed that he wanted to go back to work. He even went on wire with the leg injury & was suspended upside down 30 ft up. The director was worried abt intensifying his injury, but Andy persisted, finally Jacob had to give in to him.

On the 3rd day of injury, Nov 13, with the leg still bandaged, Andy was hoisted 30 ft high to shoot a scene of flying to & fro. He was lowered gradually to test out the positions, the ground crew kept a close watch so as not to hurt his injured leg. He even indicated he could re take the action scene before.

Before putting him on wire, the crew helped him with precautionary measures.

After shooting, Andy sipped hot tea to keep warm.

As the shooting location is at the outskirts of BJ, sand storms are often, in addition to the cold temp of a few deg. The scene took a whole day to shoot, from 6 to 7 am till evening. To relieve Andy of hardship, after every 10 min on wire the crew lowered him down to the ground to rest. Then he was pulled up again, every up & down moment was cautiously executed. The scene took 10 over times to shoot.

For safety reason Jacob had wanted to use a double, but on hearing it, Andy immediately stood up to dance & twist for Jacob to see, to show how agile he was. "I can walk, not that I cannot, just that the bandage affects my gait. It gives a false impression that I am lame."

Action director Tong Wei personally tried out the positions, & designed actions that Andy could do with desirable result & yet would not hurt the leg. After trying out the best possible action then only he let Andy had the go.

Due to the injury Andy cannot bear weight with his L leg, he needed someone to hold him going up & down the steps.

[cont]

n46.jpg

n47.jpg

n48.jpg

n49.jpg

18/11 @ 1300HRS
    SOURCE: SINA.COM
    TITLE: ANDY DREW HIMSELF ON THE WALL

While Mo Attack filming is going on Andy's screen look remained a mystery. Recently Andy drew a pic of himself on the wall, this gives all a glimpse to his screen look!

The weather is turning cold, but the crew is fully indulged with shooting, under the cold weather & endless sand storms. Andy, Fan Bingbing, the director, a photographer from Japan, under a temp of minus 7 shot a scene of 'hero rescuing the beauty' recently. Soaked in the cold & dirty water under a depth of 4 m for 6 hrs, no wonder Andy lamented, "Every hero who rescues a beauty never has a easy time!"

To shoot the scene, Jacob who was nursing a bad cold, went under the icy water of -10 deg with 20 over crew members. They had to arrange shooting equipments & angles, so as to give least discomfort to the 2 actors. Even having a cold, he continued to encourage both actors, said, "Though I kept coughing, & I knew my cold will get worse after 6 hrs in the water, I have to set a good example. At first I was worried the 2 of them will not be able to take it, but they never complain a single word, I am v touched by them."

To shoot the scene, 10 over life guards & divers were called in to stand by, just in case there was accident. 10 over oxygen tanks were ready for use. Though both actors wore diving suits underneath, the water temp was too cold & it did not give enough warmth. Some suggested to add hot water bags to increase the temp of the water. But the director estimated some 300 bags were needed & there is danger of electric shock, the idea was called off. Finally as they shot, they served hot drinks to the crew to make them feel warm. When shooting halted, they gave warm towels & ginger drinks to Andy & Fan immediately. Both actors quipped it was the coldest they had ever experience in shooting. So cold that it was numbing.

Though shooting was v tough, the scenes on playback was rally touching & beautiful. It was worth the effort.

n43.jpg

n44.jpg

n45.jpg

DATE: 18 11 05
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY/THE SUN/O D/TA KUNG PAO/MING PAO
    TITLE: ANDY DREW PICTURE OF GE LI WITH TEARS ON THE FACE ON THE WALL

Filming of Mo Attack, a new period epic by HK Sun Dream Motion Pictures is in full swing. Earlier on when Andy was injured during shooting, the executive director Xu Xiao Ming sent a fruit basket & a fax greetings to Andy, but this greeting all the way from HK went through a series of misunderstanding before it reached Andy's hand 3 hrs later .

Xu had asked his friend in Beijing to send a fruit basket, but the staff in the hotel could not understand the words on the fax written in traditional Chinese, further more it was written 'To Wahzai' & 'from Xiao Ming', they mistook that the names were not stated clearly, from who to whom, so they could not send the fruit basket.

Said Andy, "Since Gigi Leung's room in Beijing hotel was ransacked by stranger, many hotels have tightened the security. The whole hotel where I stay now is booked by us, security is v tight, you cannot blame the hotel staff." Andy teased that in future Xu shd send more fruits so he can share with the thousand crew members, Xu agreed readily that when the movie wrapped up he will hold a thousand-people party to thank all. At the shooting location, when Andy is free he will personally spruce up the spartan make-up room. On the wooden wall, he wrote calligraphy, drew pictures, lately he even drew a pic of his own look Ge Li. In the self portrait, Ge Li has tears flowing down the face. Smiling, he said, "Please do not think it was so tough that I have tears on my face when I shoot this movie . Ge Li has tears on the face is because he does not understand why there is war in this world. Mo Attack is an anti-war movie, he hopes that the world is forever loving & peaceful. The msg is not to attack but to love. The role I play lives in the war time, face with fighting, one is not sure if he will live tomorrow. The refugees have nothing, no fanciful make-up. Their clothing is the simplest, not at all glamorous, everyday the face is muddy."

Attached Files:

• n55.jpg
      n55.jpg
      File size:
      129.5 KB
      Views:
    • n56.jpg
      n56.jpg
      File size:
      148.9 KB
      Views:
    • n57.jpg
      n57.jpg
      File size:
      136.3 KB
      Views:
    • n58.jpg
      n58.jpg
      File size:
      133.7 KB
      Views:
    • n52.jpg
      n52.jpg
      File size:
      123.4 KB
      Views:
    • n51.jpg
      n51.jpg
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
    • n53.jpg
      n53.jpg
      File size:
      127.7 KB
      Views:
    • n54.jpg
      n54.jpg
      File size:
      122.1 KB
      Views:
    • n46.jpg
      File size:
      47.3 KB
      Views:
  8. n68.jpg

n66.jpg

n64.jpg

n67.jpg

n65.jpg

DATE: 22 11 05
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY/TA KING PAO/WEN WEI PO/THE SUN
    TITLE: ANDY TOOK OUT $100,000 FOR LUCKY DRAW

After his injury in Beijing while shooting, Andy had come back to HK for rest & a check up. 2 days ago he held a celebration dinner for his movie All About Love good box office, which exceeded 12 mil, which mans it is not a loss to the company. After 4 days of rest in HK he will be back to Beijing again.

Said Andy at the dinner, "The movie I invest may not make money, but I will continue to work hard, as long as in the days I have work, everyone will have work too." The house gave him loud applause.

The 2 female leads Ah Sa & Charlie happened to be not in HK. When they heard the lucky draw included cash prize of HK$100,000, they complained from overseas.

Other than a 20-table banquet, Andy contributed $100,000 for the lucky draw. Almost everyone won a prize. Called Ah Sa from China, "Hey, what's going on? I told you to wait for me, you do not!" Answered Andy, "Who do u think you are? Wait for you only! Actually I wanted to give u a big bday cake, now no more!" Yelled Ah Sa, "My husband gives me cake & yet I do not have a chance to eat! So mean! I was not there when the MV of the movie wrapping was shot, now lucky draw has excluded me, not fair.. "

Charlie had called & regretted, "$100,000 lucky draw & I am not included, not fair, I think Andy better hold another one when Ah Sa & I are both back in HK." She advised Andy to take good care of himself.

In ABL, Andy gave Ah Sa & Charlie a Ring of Tomorrow, since andylau.com launched the sale, it ran out of stock several times. Some online auction showed from $120 to 1K each. To make sure his fans are not disappointed, Andy has decided in the early Dec when the DVD of the movie is out, he will launch 2,000 sets of special edition, in it, other than the movie pictorial book, double DVD including the making, movie film & a chain with Ring of Tomorrow.

Andy who loves movies, has invested 6 movies under his Focus Film. The Mermaid (The Show Fairy) had won a Art Design award @ GH. Andy is v happy. The other 5 movies are being filmed concurrently. He hopes these will give good results too & give new comers a chance.

On his injury he said there is not much of a problem now, as long as he does not do big movements & bend the knee too much, the injury will be OK after 3 weeks.

HI! Dear friends, I am back from my HK trip! The Birthday party, exclusively for AWC members born in the months of Oct, Nov & December was held at the fan club office.
    It is everyone's concern as to how his injury is now. Well, good news, he is recovering rapidly. Sporting a neat crew cut he looks extremely fit, & macho with the moustache & goatee! The knee was still under protective bandage, hidden under his loose jeans, no longer needing the long leg brace.

The hall was decorated with multi-colored ballons & happy bday banners. A big bday cake & rows of cup cakes of black sesame & chocolate decorated a table in the center. The chairs were arranged 3 sided around a center stage. He came walking out amidst our loud cheers. He wore a white tee inside & a black jacket. After singing bday song, he took photos with the fans, standing behind the table. It was 6 at a time, instead of one-to-one, so that he did not have to stand too long. Each of us was given an autographed bday card & a cup cake!

After photo taking it was the dialogue session. He told us he had finished shooting his parts for the time being & the director gave him a few days rest. He sat on a tall swirling chair , with the L knee outstretched, & rested on a stool, he narrated how his was injured & others... The heartwarming chat lasted for over an hour. It was a very close get-together between Andy & his fans! Thank you, dear Andy!

n62.jpg

n63.jpg

DATE: 21 11 05
    NEWS DATED 20 11 05

Andy walked out of the arrival hall of HKIA at ard 1 am on 19/11. Clad in long pants & with a backpack , he was accompanied by several assts. He required no assistance throughout the journey, though he was walking exceptionally slowly. He indicated his injury had not recovered yet & there was slight pain still.

[The newspaper carried the report that the main reason why he was back was to seek treatment, actually it is not, as I had explained above during the meeting with fans. ]

His caring fans showered him with gifts, cards, & well wishes. He was v touched by the fans who came in the wee hours of the morning to receive him. He urged them to go home early to rest. He will be back to Beijing later to continue with more shooting.

9. ang you know this is gonna be the longest thread right? lol cos andy works 24/7 no sleep = lot of news ;D

10. TvbAddict

TvbAddict Well-Known Member

lol for sure he has something new everyday

11. 26/11 @ 1930HRS
    SOURCE: WEEKEND TODAY SINGAPORE
    TITLE: KELVIN TONG'S BACK IN LOVE

Director Kelvin Tong is returning to his roots & making a quirky love story, in the fashion of his first film, Eating Air.

Tong is currently filming Love Story, a US$500,000 (S$850,000) film funded by HK actor Andy Lau's production company Focus Films as part of its Focus: First Cuts project, set up to encourage the regions budding directors.

The film centers on love life of a pulp romance novelist, played by relative unknown Lin Yilun from China.

TV regulars Evelyn Tan & Ericia lee as well as newcomers Tracy Tan & local band Electrico's keyboardist Amanda Ling play his various love interests. Tong's lead actor in Eating Air, Benjamin Heng, also has a role in the film.

Like Eating Air, there are elements of magical surrealism in Tong's new film.

"I;ve always like cinema that has an element of escapism, without the usual linear narrative. It's a lot more about exploring the mind. It follows ideas, rather than a storyline." He said.

Said Tong, "Love is the only real story left in the world . Be it in literature, dream or the arts, love is the only eternal subject."

Accordingly to Tong, Focus Film gave him complete creative freedom when it came to scripting & casting, --- a move as liberating as it was surprising.

"My generation of film-makers is v cynical. I thought they would eventually come round to changing in my work but they haven't yet." He said.

"In fact, there is a clandestine network of all the other film-makers under the project, & the word is that their films haven't been changed either."

Love Story will wrap up filming by the end of the year & will be shown on Star Chinese Movies (Starhub ch 62) There are also plans for a commercial release in cinemas here & the region.

DATE: 26 11 05
    SOURCE: http://www.operagallery.com/artist.aspx?id=22&g=7

2 oil paintings of Andy by Anton Molnar exhibition at the Opera Gallery, Pacific house, Queen's ROAD, Central:

n90.jpg

n91.jpg

25/11 @ 1230 HRS

n81.jpg

n82.jpg

n83.jpg

n77.jpg

n74.jpg

n75.gif

n78.jpg

n79.jpg n80.jpg

DATE: 25 11 05
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY/TA KING PAO/WEN WEI PO/THE SUN/MING PAO
    TITLE: ANDY WITH MUSTACHIOED LOOK TO KILL ENEMY

Andy, Fan Bingbing, & Nicky Wu who are acting in Mo Attack had been given full thoughts to make their looks in accordance to reality. Their looks have always been a mystery, esp that of Andy's , the fans pay the most attention to. Their looks are finally unveiled yesterday!

The costumes worn by the actors are all v simple, so as to suit the background in chaotic war time. The clothings are shabby, the director asked the color to be uniform, such as the civilians use the color of earth, the attackers of the city, Zhao army, in black.

In individual look, fine details are looked into to bring out the actor's characteristic, such as to bring out the wisdom of Andy, the hair on both sides is swept to the center, to give a contemporary look. As for Ahn Sung Ki who acted as Zhao general, to make him look magnificent, his costume will have a lot of Chinese element added, also to make viewers forget he is a Korean.

Andy indicated his mustachioed look reflects his role, said, "The backdrop of the movie is war, a person living at that period is constantly worrying for the life, he cannot have the mood to dress up to look nice & shave. I had discussed with director Jacob my role must in coordination, needs to keep a moustache, I had even thought of shaving my hair, as the original but the director disagree."

Fan Bingbing is the only female actor, she had actively asked to make her look less feminine such that viewers do not know she is a female, she said, "I discussed with the make-up artiste, the simpler the better, best is without any make-up, among a big gp of male actor, no one notice my female identity, but the director wishes me to maintain a little feminine image in me, so in my garment he added dark red color, to bring out a little softness in the steely side."

Nicky Wu who acts as a farmer has his skin tanned. He said, "My skin tends to be fair, but to act as the farmer, since summer I had started to tan myself , now in Beijing, the weather has turned cold, I use the sun lamp, now even without make up my skin is copper color. With the rough cotton costume, I really feel I am a farmer, this is the toughest look I ever have. In the movie I also have another look as an archer, I will be on helmet, this makes me look so mighty."

Andy had filmed new series of advertisement for Swiss watch CYMA. At first he appeared in the mustachioed look, when he has shaved he can continue with other looks next time. His partner in one series is a golden retriever . But whenever he caressed his neck, at every critical moment, the dog went back to its owner behind the screen, no matter how much he called the retriver wont come out. When he heard the dog is a male, he quipped, "No wonder! He is not attracted by me!"

When filming the watches for ladies, the ad stresses the importance of couples supporting one another, Andy feels the same, said, "This sort of concern & encouragement is v important, as the men in their work & career are faced with challenges & hardship, sometimes they can be exhausted, with the partner warm concern & supporting in silence, it is a medicine of the heart, this can bring back the fighting spirit & confidence."

n72.jpg

24/11 @ 2100 HRS
    SOURCE: UNITED DAILY NEWS

Andy obediently kept a moustache acting in the period epic Mo Attack! He plays the role of a general under Mo Zi during the era of The Warring Three Kingdoms . Though many people feels that a clean-shaven Andy looks more refreshing, & have advised him to shave, he gave a professional reply, "The director does not allow me, nobody shall touch my moustache." Invested at US$16 million, Mo Attack is directed by Jacob Cheung. Andy had injured his leg during shooting earlier on. When he was back in HK a few days ago, he did not forget to visit the dr. The dr in China advised him to rest for 6 weeks, but drs in HK feels that his recovery is satisfactory, his leg shd be ok after 2 more weeks. This makes Andy feels better & hopes to finish shooting earlier. Andy with the previous experience shooting HOFD, knows how to ward off the cold. While filming HOFD in Ukraine, Chang Yimou had given him a light wool thermal, now shooting in the cold, he still takes it out to wear.

23/11 @ 1320 HRS
    The article below is contributed by Dixie Liang.
    Thank you, dear friend!

South China Morning Post
    November 23, 2005 Wednesday

SECTION: NEWS; cityseen; Pg. 2
    LENGTH: 180 words
    HEADLINE: ANDY LAU CAPTURED ON CANVAS

BYLINE: Andrew Sun

It's not every day that an international artist takes an interest in Hong Kong's stars. But Paris-based Hungarian painter Anton Molnar (below) is fascinated enough by Andy Lau Tak-wah to make him the subject of two canvases.

The oils are featured in a new exhibition at the Opera Gallery, on Queen's Road Central, opening tomorrow.

Molnar says he was introduced to the artistry of Lau by an old Hong Kong friend, celebrity gourmet Chua Lam.

"I've known Chua Lam for 20 years and when he was in Budapest he talked a lot about Andy Lau," says Molnar from Paris. "Then, in Singapore I saw a beautiful book about him and thought it would be interesting to capture in a painting a little bit of his career evolution. Chua also showed me some of Andy Lau's records and I thought, 'Wow, they're fantastic'. But I've only seen one of his films and it was only in Chinese. I don't know the film, but he changed the colour of his hair in it."

Molnar will be in town and is hoping the Canto-pop king will drop by for the opening, too. "Chua told me Andy Lau said he will come if he can."

DATE: 24 11 05
    SOURCE: TA KUNG PAO/APPLE DAILY

Commercial Radio Music Hit Awards ceremony will be held on Jan 1 06 @ the HK Exhibition Hall. The station launches voting with sms this year to pick the most favorite male, female & group singers. In the first round of voting till Nov 22, singers with the highest votes are as follows: (not in order of merit)

Male Singers: Leo Ko, Haken, Chet Lam Yi Fung, Jan Lam Hoi Fung, Jay Chou, Endy Chow Kwok Yin, Justin Lo, Eason Chan, Leon Lai & Andy Lau.

Female Singers: Ivana Wong Yuen Chi, Denise Ho Wan Si, Sandy Lam, Joey, Stefani Sun, Kelly, Mirium, Stephy Teng Lai Yan, Wei Lan & Fiona Sit Hoi Kei

Group Singers: at17, Cookies, FIR, L Love You Boyz, Krusty, Ping Pung, Soler, Twins, Grasshoppers, Tat Ming Yi Pai.

Closing date for sms voting is Dec 5 12 noon when the last top 5 in the 3 categories will be announced. Voting thence enters the next phase, which is from Dec 7 to Dec 30. The final top 3 will be announced on Jan 1 at the awards ceremony.

MY PHOTO ALBUM

Bday Party on Nov 20 for AWC Members born in the months of Oct, Nov & Dec .

n69.jpg

n70.jpg

23/11 @ 1300 HRS
    SOURCE: OD/TA KUNG PAO

'Happiness in Tong Hua' Charity Show will be held on Dec 10. Attendees at the press announcement yesterday included Lydia Sum, Joey, Yumiko, Leo Ko, Yan & Deep Ng, who was acquitted of an assault case recently. The exe producer disclosed that many artistes will perform on that night, on the list are Andy, who will perform with a er hu specialist, Hou Shi Jie, of the Chinese orchestra some Chinese folks songs.[prob pre recorded.] Leo will perform magic, Joey pole dancing, Twins jumps over the hurdle & high jump, while Yumiko performs catwalk outside the tall building. Shawn & Qian Jia Le played spinning tops, Lisa Wang & Lo ka Yin opera show & others....

DATE: 23 11 05
    SOURCE: CHINA PRESS/NANYANG.COM DATED 21/11
    TITLE: 200 CONCERT TICKETS DONATED TO CHARITY

Absolute Entertainment, organizer of 2005 Andy Lau Vision Tour Concert has donated 200 tickets to a Mei Men Disabled Foundation. The personnel i/c of the Foundation is v thankful to the concern shown to the handicapped persons. She had received the 200 tickets on behalf of the Foundation, said, "This type of opportunity is hard to come by, we are v thankful to the organizer & Malaysia Youth Party." To get tickets from Mei Men Disabled Organization, called 03-79736579 or 019-2198440. Tickets are given out on the first come first serve basis.

Absolute Entertainment director Mr Huang indicated Andy is always supportive of charity activity whenever he holds concert. They will arrange a section in front of the stage with a special aisle, for the 200 handicapped to enjoy the show peacefully. Andy will arrive in KL on Dec 9.

12. jaime

jaime Member

hope andy's feels better..and he sure can draw!

13. DATE: 29 11 05
    SOURCE: SINA.COM/SOHU.COM

n127.jpg

n128.jpg

n140.jpg

n131.jpg

n130.jpg

n129.jpg

n126.jpg

SOURCE: OD
    TITLE: ANDY OLD SONGS RESURFACE

n142.jpg Leslie Cheung had a song I Do that was once popular. Andy had privately recorded this song but never made it public. 20 years on, this song is now out. In fact, a number of photos that have never been exposed before, including one that he exposed both tits, will hit the street, once & for all for fans to keep.

Hua Xing will release an album of Andy tomorrow, Only Know Loving You At This Moment, in it are 3 songs of Andy that had never been exposed before: I Do, Love In My heart, & The Second Love. These 3 songs were dubbed in '85, but due to contract problem, when he had tiff with TVB, a mother company of Hua Xing, the songs were kept under wrap.

The first 2 songs were recorded by Leslie Cheung before. 20 old photos are included in the album. From the photo one can see the younger days of Andy, despite the baby fat, he was still full of character.

Hua Xing with no singer under its belt at the moment, the hidden songs of Andy are taken like treasure. With a heavy sum the album was sent to Austria to make into n-CD, the first ever in Asia, to counter piracy. Fans will not be able to upload the songs to the net, even if the songs are sent by email to share with friends, they will become invalid after 5 days, hopefully this can successfully counter piracy !

28/11 @ 1230 HRS
    SOURCE: YULE.SOHU.COM

n123.jpg

n118.jpg

n120.jpg

n121.jpg

n122.jpg

n119.jpg

n117.jpg

n124.jpg

n125.jpg

n133.jpg

n134.jpg

n111.jpg

n112.jpg

n113.jpg

n135.jpg

n137.jpg

n138.jpg

DATE: 28 11 05
    SOURCE: SINA.COM/APPLE DAILY/TA KING PAO/WEN WEI PO/MING PAO
    TITLE: ANDY RESCUED BEAUTY UNDER MINUS SEVEN DEGREE

Andy, together with Fan Bingbing, Nicky Wu & Korean actor Cui Xi Yuan were at the press meet for the movie Mo Gong (Mo Attack) 2 days ago. All the actors praised Andy is enduring person, except Fan who claimed she is more enduring than Andy, as she can bear the cold better.

The weather in Beijing is turning cold. Recently Andy shot a scene of diving into the water prison to save Fan. Jacob together with 10 over workers went under water at temp of – 7 deg for a long 6 hrs. For safety reason, 10 life-guars & divers, 10 oxygen tanks were on standby. Though they wore diving suits, it was of no use. The workers handed them large quantity of hot water & ginger drink as soon as they surfaced, everyone was shivering with cold once they were out of water. It is the coldest ever Andy had experienced. Only Fan did not shiver.

Andy created a joke during shooting. He was to bring Fan up from under the water. But it was so dark in the water, the moment he touched a body he held it out to the water. It turned out to be a diver & not Fan! Everyone had a good laugh. Laughed Andy too, "It was so dark down there, just like shooting Titanic, I kept bumping into the pillars." The water was muddy & dirty, Andy was wary of eye infection & had brought along eye drops. He could not open the eyes under the water. The scenes needed 6 takes to complete. He quipped it was deadly cold, there is no feeling however beautiful the beauty was!

Fan indicated when Andy is not on the set he is v relaxed, but when he is in he is a v serious person. Smiling, said Andy, "You do not have to be scared of me, only the lazy actors are scared of me!" Fan said in the movie she always mingled with the men, in addition, it was during war time, so she does not need make up most of the time. Nicky Wu said he has learnt a lot from Andy, though they know each other for some yrs, it is the first time he has a chance to work with him, & Andy is a v clever person.

Andys look is too modern in the movie, will he be accepted by viewers? Said Andy, "I am changing constantly, hope everyone gives me a chance!"

n105.jpg

n106.jpg

n103.jpg

n104.jpg

n109.jpg n110.jpg

27/11 @ 1630 HRS
    SOURCE: YULE.SOHU.COM
    TITLE: FAN BINGBING IS SCARED WORKING WITH ANDY

Working with Andy is a thing most admired by the actresses. Fan Bingbing however told the reporters she has a lot of pressure working with Andy, as Andy is v strict, "Though every now & then I am besotted, actually I am quite afraid of him, he is a perfectionist, not only he has high expectation on himself, he expects those ard him to be the same. But his professionalism is indeed respectable." On the emotional part with andy, she said, "It is v light, the way it was shot was v subtle, more of fine movements, nothing exciting."

When the media visited, Andy was shooting at the horse stable, as Ge Li. He was helping Liang City to prevent an attack by the Zhao army. But the Liang generals did not trust him, they paid little attention to the words he said. At the press meet after the visit, said Andy, "Ge Li with the ideology of Mo Zi hoped for a peace. At the Liang State, he used his wisdom to help the weak. But when faced with the enemy, he changed unknowingly. Liang Emperor afraid he was too well-liked by the people finally banished him. The role played by me is controversial. He always swayed between the right & wrong, but finally he was insistent, he can be said to be a tragic character." With a crop of short hair Andy looks modern, he quipped this is the requirement of the movie, it can be more exaggerated by shaving off the hair, but they do not accept.

As to Fan saying she is afraid of him, said Andy, "Those who are lazy are afraid of me." But he followed up so as not to mislead the reporters, Of course I do not mean Fan Bingbing is not working hard."

n93.jpg

n97.jpg

n95.jpg

n98.jpg

n96.jpg

DATE: 27 11 05
    SOURCE: SINA.COM/APPLE DAILY/TA KING PAO/WEN WEI PO/THE SUN/MING PAO
    TITLE: GE LI IN HEBEI ATTACKING CITY

Mo attack directed by Jacob Cheung, starring Andy Lau, Nicky Wu & Fan Bingbing had location shoot shifted to Hebei. The weather is getting colder, in the morning there is ice, even the river has solidified. The director is v worried about snowing, if it starts shooting of many scenes will not be possible. They must complete most of the big scenes on the war before snow comes. Every actor is to remain in Beijing & no one is allowed to take leave.

As the location is very remote, life is v simple, facilities are lacking. The hotel where Andy stays is poorly equipped, there is no hot water supply. Andy with his asst went out to buy a heater. Never had he thought after installing the heater, there is no cold water!

Said Andy, "The problem with shooting here is bathing. After buying back a heater, there is hot water but no cold water. There is also no bathtub, only a shower. I had to buy a bathtub back, everyday when I am back from work, the first thing is to collect a tub of hot water, wait for it to cool a little before I bath."

If it is not because after work his body is loaded with mud & dust, when he is so tired he really does not wish to spend so much time bathing. It is so troublesome to have a bath. But when compare the condition, it is not as bad as when he was shooting HOFD in Ukraine, there was nothing to eat, at least here he has a lot to eat!

Yesterday he was shooting 2 scenes, a scene of discussing war strategy with Nicky Wu & others & a fighting scene involving tens of thousands of army & horses. A hundred over media from China, HK, Korea & TW were invited to pay a visit. The studio has a specially erected City of Liang.

Though his injury is still not all healed & needs physiotherapy daily, during shooting one can never tell he is still nursing the injury. Said, "When I was in HK, I had changed to a new support, not only I can flex the knee, even when shooting action scenes it is not affected." Yesterday he was even on a horse shooting. Is there any more big scenes that involved him? He quipped this is a big project, almost every scene is considered big scenes!

Andy said his leg still has a brace, when he bath he takes it out. When he goes up & down the stairs he needs others to give him a hand.

n99.jpg

n100.jpg

n101.jpg

n102.jpg

n107.jpg

n108.jpg

As it is a co investment of 3 countries, it is like in an international house everyday when they work, they communicate in a few languages, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, English, it is v interesting. He has also learnt a few Korean words. His first collaboration with Ahn Sung Ki is v good, they get along v wel, he respects Ahn a lot. Ahn who does not known a word of Chinese will need his lines dub in future, so in shooting he tries to use Korean words that are close to Mandarin , he memorized them though they have no meaning at all, he is still very into it, & acts v well.

Andy said everyone is happy. As he stays with the Korean actors on the same floor, he treats them to Chinese food & the soup he brews. Korean actor Cui Xi Yuan gave Andy a suit of thermal wear, & treated him to kimchi. It is like a big family.

Ahn indicated he has seen many of Andy's movies in Korea, & reckons Andy is a handsome man, now he is truly convinced after seeing him in person! He is v happy to work with Andy, & respects Andy that after injury he does not take leave, & was even on the horse 2 days ago, Andys horse riding skill is v good.

About 50 Korean media people were present. Almost all the reporters asked to take photo with Andy. Most have seen Andy's movies in their growing up. During an interview with Ahn, Ahn asked a female reporter, "You like Andy a lot, don't you? Haha!" The female reporter blushed. Another female reporter yelled "Andy I love you!" to him!

Some reporters said Andy shoots movies in China almost all the time these few years, said Andy, "I never take Mainland & HK as separate, we are all shooting Chinese movies." One question he does not understand, why he is so famous in Korea, yet for years no one has called him to shoot movies, he hopes there is a chance in future.

26/11 @ 1930HRS
    SOURCE: WEEKEND TODAY SINGAPORE
    TITLE: KELVIN TONG'S BACK IN LOVE

Director Kelvin Tong is returning to his roots & making a quirky love story, in the fashion of his first film, Eating Air.

Tong is currently filming Love Story, a US$500,000 (S$850,000) film funded by HK actor Andy Lau's production company Focus Films as part of its Focus: First Cuts project, set up to encourage the regions budding directors.

The film centers on love life of a pulp romance novelist, played by relative unknown Lin Yilun from China.

TV regulars Evelyn Tan & Ericia lee as well as newcomers Tracy Tan & local band Electrico's keyboardist Amanda Ling play his various love interests. Tong's lead actor in Eating Air, Benjamin Heng, also has a role in the film.

Like Eating Air, there are elements of magical surrealism in Tong's new film.

"I;ve always like cinema that has an element of escapism, without the usual linear narrative. It's a lot more about exploring the mind. It follows ideas, rather than a storyline." He said.

Said Tong, "Love is the only real story left in the world . Be it in literature, dream or the arts, love is the only eternal subject."

Accordingly to Tong, Focus Film gave him complete creative freedom when it came to scripting & casting, --- a move as liberating as it was surprising.

"My generation of film-makers is v cynical. I thought they would eventually come round to changing in my work but they haven't yet." He said.

"In fact, there is a clandestine network of all the other film-makers under the project, & the word is that their films haven't been changed either."

Love Story will wrap up filming by the end of the year & will be shown on Star Chinese Movies (Starhub ch 62) There are also plans for a commercial release in cinemas here & the region.

DATE: 26 11 05
    SOURCE: http://www.operagallery.com/artist.aspx?id=22&g=7

2 oil paintings of Andy by Anton Molnar exhibition at the Opera Gallery, Pacific house, Queen's ROAD, Central:

n90.jpg

n91.jpg

25/11 @ 1230 HRS

n81.jpg

n82.jpg

n83.jpg

n77.jpg

n74.jpg

n75.gif

n78.jpg

n79.jpg n80.jpg

DATE: 25 11 05
    SOURCE: APPLE DAILY/TA KING PAO/WEN WEI PO/THE SUN/MING PAO
    TITLE: ANDY WITH MUSTACHIOED LOOK TO KILL ENEMY

Andy, Fan Bingbing, & Nicky Wu who are acting in Mo Attack had been given full thoughts to make their looks in accordance to reality. Their looks have always been a mystery, esp that of Andy's , the fans pay the most attention to. Their looks are finally unveiled yesterday!

The costumes worn by the actors are all v simple, so as to suit the background in chaotic war time. The clothings are shabby, the director asked the color to be uniform, such as the civilians use the color of earth, the attackers of the city, Zhao army, in black.

In individual look, fine details are looked into to bring out the actor's characteristic, such as to bring out the wisdom of Andy, the hair on both sides is swept to the center, to give a contemporary look. As for Ahn Sung Ki who acted as Zhao general, to make him look magnificent, his costume will have a lot of Chinese element added, also to make viewers forget he is a Korean.

Andy indicated his mustachioed look reflects his role, said, "The backdrop of the movie is war, a person living at that period is constantly worrying for the life, he cannot have the mood to dress up to look nice & shave. I had discussed with director Jacob my role must in coordination, needs to keep a moustache, I had even thought of shaving my hair, as the original but the director disagree."

Fan Bingbing is the only female actor, she had actively asked to make her look less feminine such that viewers do not know she is a female, she said, "I discussed with the make-up artiste, the simpler the better, best is without any make-up, among a big gp of male actor, no one notice my female identity, but the director wishes me to maintain a little feminine image in me, so in my garment he added dark red color, to bring out a little softness in the steely side."

Nicky Wu who acts as a farmer has his skin tanned. He said, "My skin tends to be fair, but to act as the farmer, since summer I had started to tan myself , now in Beijing, the weather has turned cold, I use the sun lamp, now even without make up my skin is copper color. With the rough cotton costume, I really feel I am a farmer, this is the toughest look I ever have. In the movie I also have another look as an archer, I will be on helmet, this makes me look so mighty."

Andy had filmed new series of advertisement for Swiss watch CYMA. At first he appeared in the mustachioed look, when he has shaved he can continue with other looks next time. His partner in one series is a golden retriever . But whenever he caressed his neck, at every critical moment, the dog went back to its owner behind the screen, no matter how much he called the retriver wont come out. When he heard the dog is a male, he quipped, "No wonder! He is not attracted by me!"

When filming the watches for ladies, the ad stresses the importance of couples supporting one another, Andy feels the same, said, "This sort of concern & encouragement is v important, as the men in their work & career are faced with challenges & hardship, sometimes they can be exhausted, with the partner warm concern & supporting in silence, it is a medicine of the heart, this can bring back the fighting spirit & confidence."

n72.jpg

24/11 @ 2100 HRS
    SOURCE: UNITED DAILY NEWS

Andy obediently kept a moustache acting in the period epic Mo Attack! He plays the role of a general under Mo Zi during the era of The Warring Three Kingdoms . Though many people feels that a clean-shaven Andy looks more refreshing, & have advised him to shave, he gave a professional reply, "The director does not allow me, nobody shall touch my moustache." Invested at US$16 million, Mo Attack is directed by Jacob Cheung. Andy had injured his leg during shooting earlier on. When he was back in HK a few days ago, he did not forget to visit the dr. The dr in China advised him to rest for 6 weeks, but drs in HK feels that his recovery is satisfactory, his leg shd be ok after 2 more weeks. This makes Andy feels better & hopes to finish shooting earlier. Andy with the previous experience shooting HOFD, knows how to ward off the cold. While filming HOFD in Ukraine, Chang Yimou had given him a light wool thermal, now shooting in the cold, he still takes it out to wear.

23/11 @ 1320 HRS
    The article below is contributed by Dixie Liang.
    Thank you, dear friend!

South China Morning Post
    November 23, 2005 Wednesday

SECTION: NEWS; cityseen; Pg. 2
    LENGTH: 180 words
    HEADLINE: ANDY LAU CAPTURED ON CANVAS

BYLINE: Andrew Sun

It's not every day that an international artist takes an interest in Hong Kong's stars. But Paris-based Hungarian painter Anton Molnar (below) is fascinated enough by Andy Lau Tak-wah to make him the subject of two canvases.

The oils are featured in a new exhibition at the Opera Gallery, on Queen's Road Central, opening tomorrow.

Molnar says he was introduced to the artistry of Lau by an old Hong Kong friend, celebrity gourmet Chua Lam.

"I've known Chua Lam for 20 years and when he was in Budapest he talked a lot about Andy Lau," says Molnar from Paris. "Then, in Singapore I saw a beautiful book about him and thought it would be interesting to capture in a painting a little bit of his career evolution. Chua also showed me some of Andy Lau's records and I thought, 'Wow, they're fantastic'. But I've only seen one of his films and it was only in Chinese. I don't know the film, but he changed the colour of his hair in it."

Molnar will be in town and is hoping the Canto-pop king will drop by for the opening, too. "Chua told me Andy Lau said he will come if he can."

DATE: 24 11 05
    SOURCE: TA KUNG PAO/APPLE DAILY

Commercial Radio Music Hit Awards ceremony will be held on Jan 1 06 @ the HK Exhibition Hall. The station launches voting with sms this year to pick the most favorite male, female & group singers. In the first round of voting till Nov 22, singers with the highest votes are as follows: (not in order of merit)

Male Singers: Leo Ko, Haken, Chet Lam Yi Fung, Jan Lam Hoi Fung, Jay Chou, Endy Chow Kwok Yin, Justin Lo, Eason Chan, Leon Lai & Andy Lau.

Female Singers: Ivana Wong Yuen Chi, Denise Ho Wan Si, Sandy Lam, Joey, Stefani Sun, Kelly, Mirium, Stephy Teng Lai Yan, Wei Lan & Fiona Sit Hoi Kei

Group Singers: at17, Cookies, FIR, L Love You Boyz, Krusty, Ping Pung, Soler, Twins, Grasshoppers, Tat Ming Yi Pai. Closing date for sms voting is Dec 5 12 noon when the last top 5 in the 3 categories will be announced. Voting thence enters the next phase, which is from Dec 7 to Dec 30. The final top 3 will be announced on Jan 1 at the awards ceremony.

Thanks to Andy Town for the Nov News

14. Fai

Fai Well-Known Member

ARg?

15. mchotdogman

mchotdogman New Member

Andy Lau is way funnier in movies set in modern day. I really liked his acting until I saw Moon Warriors...

16. angelz805

angelz805 Active Member

yea.. he is a funny guy.. i really his singing and acting... ^_*

17. tvbrocks

tvbrocks Active Member

andy looks a lot older