North Korean Labor Camps Found In Siberia

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by ralphrepo, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

In an effort to generate hard currency, Kim Jong Il, has sold DPRK slave labor to Russia. The following report from independent news network VICE, graphically shows how and where this is happening.

CNN article:

Vice.com videos link
    (once there watch a series of sequential videos, total of 7 but only 5 are currently available it seems):

http://www.vice.com/vice-news/north-korean-labor-camps-part-1

Really eye opening how globalization is allowing the furtherance of despotism and totalitarianism, something quite the opposite of what many pundits would have traditionally expected. At any rate, what I find interesting about this video report is that the Siberian wood products harvested by these outsourced North Korean slave laborers, is allegedly destined for a British buyer. I am very much intrigued as to the identity of that customer. I'm sure that as the story develops, we will find out later who this entity is. I'll post updates as I find them.

#1 ralphrepo, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

the videos were quite interesting...too bad episode 6 and 7 aren't up...

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

vice makes good video flicks. was following this a day or two ago on their site.

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Indeed. Vice is sorta like Journeyman but where JM tries to be like Nat Geo, V.Com is much more down to earth and gritty, seemingly more in tune with the news event that they're reporting on. Both are good however, and necessary. For too long, mainstream media (with or without agendas, who can say) has monopolized our knowledge of news. Independents, especially hungry ones, add a refreshing viewpoint that has been sorely needed, IMHO. At any rate, I hope the V.Com eps to follow will go up soon.