No More For Pizza Hut in the UK

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by yiubun, Oct 11, 2008.

1. yiubun

yiubun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

One of the world’s best known pizza chains is overhauling its name and image to reflect the new healthier items on its menu.
    In an effort to improve the reputation of its traditionally less-than-wholesome foods, Pizza Hut stores in the UK are featuring healthier alternatives, such as pastas and a better stocked salad bar.

Pizza Hut boss Alasdair Murdoch told the UK’s Daily Mail, “Improvements have been made in areas including nutrition and the quality of ingredients in all our pizza and pastas.”

Meals will also have less salt and saturated fat levels, and kids’ meals will feature “hidden vegetables”, a statement said.

The chain’s new website, pastahut.co.uk, previews the new items, incuding salmon pasta bake, traditional lasagne, alfredo and meatball tagliatelle.

Admittedly, the name change is only for a trial period and is restricted to the UK at the moment.

But in a poll on the company’s website, at the time of writing, 96% of voters said they prefer the new name and image.

Does this mean the change may become permanent? And is this the beginning of the end for the humble ‘all you can eat’ pizza bar?

What do you think?
    I like the old name better...
    pizzas are yummy -noclue [and fattening....]

http://motherandbaby.com.au/wondertime/ContentItem.aspx?contentID=957

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Pizza Hut > Pasta Hut

3. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

^ omg evo i love your new avy man, thats freaking hot ><
    anyways..the pasta at the pasta hut isnt even that good =/

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

my PizzaHut closed downed :(
    but i still prefer pizza hut over pasta hut....

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

hahaahaha no more businesss....ppl go there for pizza not pasta

6. keju

keju Member

omg that is too weird and i still don't think it's gonna help -_- the pasta they're making has a lot of cheese and bacon etc

7. Adrian-kun

Adrian-kun Member

my gosh. never thought they would do such a thing after all those years of branding. maybe they are running out of business! lol after all, new name=customer curiosity= profit

8. are you serious?! i love pizza hut pizza...

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

same here, i rarely get pizza from other pizza shops...
    pizza hut pizzas are the best ^^

10. yiubun

yiubun Well-Known Member

There used to be pizza hut buffet dinners here in melbourne when I was about .... well young... 5 -10 yrs ago.... they were great...! and if the waiter/waitress was nice I'd get a toy!! =P
    Miss those golden yrs of pizza hut!!

11. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

if I want pasta, wth would I go to pizza/pasta hut but than I guess it what's available.

12. sorjaileo

sorjaileo Active Member

Pizza hut is dying out fast here in Sydney, coz no1 gets pizza's from them anymore ... go Dominoes!

13. bbes

bbes Incredible

why did they change the name to pasta hut. its so stupid, they've been know as pizza hut for years and now if u change the name it makes u think that they've changed to just pasta when infact they still sell pizza but they are offering healthier options too. also pasta hut just doesn't have the same tone as pizza hut.

14. jjgarrick

jjgarrick Well-Known Member

pizza hut sounds better

15. jen_lee8

jen_lee8 Active Member

i dont eat pizza hut any more, its ok for lunch buffet but i normally go to pizza express

16. keiko677

keiko677 Member

domino's pizza is more delicious than pizza hut !

17. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

Dominoes Pizza over Pizza Hut
    AND!
    It is sitll called Pizza Hut =/ Pasta Hut was only used on adverts when they promoted more pasta into the restaurant
    lameos

18. huniiiiii

huniiiiii Well-Known Member

Few years later, pizza hut is still big as ever. Love the salad bar there and actually had the salmon pasta bake, was really nice.

19. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

No pizza, cheese on toast under grill for me thanks.

20. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

...what are you even talking about?