Ng Man Tat denies fall out with Stephen Chow

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jan 15, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

15 Jan – Although it seems that the friendship between Ng Man Tat and Stephen Chow is not as it was before, the veteran actor recently dismissed the idea that there was a fall out between the two of them.

As reported on Mingpao, the actor, who has collaborated with Stephen in many of his Hong Kong movies in the '90s and early noughties, including "Lawyer Lawyer" and "Hail the Judge", revealed to the media recently that theirs is just a case of drifting apart.

"We still had contact a few years ago. When I was ill, he asked about me. He also invited me to participate in his movie, "The Mermaid". But at that time, I was in poor health and had to decline," he said.

Ng believes that the change in their working environment might have also played a part, as they grew apart from each other.

"I don't know how to pull [our friendship] back. Is he coming to me first, or should I call him? It's like that. It's a bit regrettable," he said.

The actor also stated that Stephen's status may be different than before, as he now owns his own company and is living a wealthy life.

"I don't know whether he is happy or not, but we may no longer have the same ideas about life," he said.

However, Ng said that if there is a chance for them to meet again and work together, he will welcome it with open arms.

credits: cinema/sg.yahoo