Netizens Praise Kristal Tin's Acting in "Destination Nowhere" Finale

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Mar 13, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

destination-nowhere-kristal-tin-2017.jpg

Kristal Tin (田蕊妮) got super crazy and the netizens loved it.

The final episode of TVB’s Destination Nowhere <迷> aired on March 12, ending with 30 episodes. It stars Kristal Tin, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), and King Kong Lee (金剛) as three unrelated individuals whose fates get eccentrically intertwined. The drama is produced by Amy Wong (王心慰).

In one of the final moments of the series, Kristal’s character Cal Jeh attempts to convince Kevin’s character, Man Sir, that she is actually faking her mental instability and should be discharged from the psychiatric hospital. She rationalizes that she should be integrated back to society, which can fix her mental state. When Kevin denies her request, Kristal goes crazy and bites his arm. Hospital employees pull her back into her prison, where she is to spend for the rest of her life.

Netizens gave Kristal two thumbs up for her performance as Cal Jeh, and that her descent to madness was convincing and well-layered. Some have compared Cal Jeh’s character to Roger Kwok’s (郭晉安) famous portrayal of Tong Lap-yin in the 2008 television drama Last One Standing <與敵同行>, which was also produced by Amy Wong and starred Kevin.

“Everyone cried like crazy on this show,” said Kristal, during a dinner gathering with the cast to watch the finale. “It wasn’t an easy drama to do, but seeing the results, I think it’s worth it!”

Viewership points for Destination Nowhere hovered between the low to mid-20’s range, indicating only average ratings performance. Its dark source material also did not seem to be attracting TVB’s main consumers—the housewives. Nonetheless, the drama did receive widespread praise among the online community, and Kristal is definitely aware of the support.

“We’ve received a lot of good responses, and that is definitely encouraging,” said Kristal. “It isn’t everyday that you get to come across a script like Destination Nowhere. I’m so happy that I got to be a part of it!”

Creds: Oncc

2. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I agree she did pretty well in this drama. Like her acting as the 'crazy' woman...

3. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

to me, Kristal's performance rivals Ruco's performance in Captain of Destiny, both dramas aren't exactly well written but the acting saved the drama to being watchable

I didn't watch most of this drama though but also liked to point out Jessica Kan's improvement, I think this might be her first "major" role, and she did very well. I don't know her actual age but she played the role of a teenage girl extremely well, not only did her baby face sell it, her whiny act does make her sound like a teenager and not just a 20+ year old girl

#3 xaznxryux, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. Myer

Myer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure... isn't that called overacting?

5. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

LOL.

She can be whatever age you want her to be. Shes as irritating as Sisley Choi.

The worst part of this drama was when they started to narrate the story and important scenes.

6. Espresso

LOL.

She can be whatever age you want her to be. Shes as irritating as Sisley Choi.

The worst part of this drama was when they started to narrate the story and important scenes.

7. xaznxryux

I disagree, Jessica Kan's only been in one major role, a few minor ones, but she's a lot easier to watch, whereas Sisley imo has a lot m ore major roles, actually most of Sisleys roles has been much larger than Jess', where she was either the lead or boerderline lead for that drama. This is Jess' major role as in, her first noticeable role as a character who was important to a degree to the storyline, and I think she nailed the role.

You just hatin cuz you hate on anyone who are rumored or has been confirmed to just have a simple plastic surgery

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Espresso

She's easier to watch for you because you like her. So she can be whatever age you want her to be, and regardless of her age, or whether or not she has surgery or not, YOU WILL STILL LIKE HER, cuz you LIKE HER. Doesn't have to be the same for everyone else.

Her role and character was fitting hahaha. Know what I mean? Unlike seeing Grace play a HK Cop. Or Sisley irking people on a bicycle next to Him Law.

She definitely gained a lotta camera time, but you talking like she won the 6th man and rookie of the year or something. lol

[​IMG]

9. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

i can't stand kristal tin. her squealing voice give me chills. but she did a good job on this drama.
    that little girl playing her daughter did a good job as well..

10. xaznxryux

but that's exactly what she is, if you want to play the "6th man game/rookie" card, then she has done well for that kind of role. Do I like her? sure, I have no reason to hate on her like you do. I've seen some improvement and so have people, I mean she showed up in how many drama that is memorable? like 2? Come Home Love and this one, what sparked you to even remotely hate on this one?