Nancy Wu Finally Gaining Spotlight After 13 Years at TVB

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jul 31, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

nancy-wu-2015.jpg

Joining the entertainment industry in 2002, it took thirteen years for Nancy Wu (胡定欣) to work her way up and secure her female-lead status at TVB. Despite the many claims that she receives opportunities but lacks luck, the 33-year-old actress maintains an optimistic yet persistent attitude. She is in no rush to quicken her career pace.

Nancy expressed, “Everyone has their own path. Some people start the run faster, but this entertainment industry is a race of endurance. A step-by-step approach works well in my favor. Opportunities will knock when I’m prepared. Isn’t it better than having them arrive before I’m ready?”

The past two years were considered prime time for Nancy, when she starred as female lead in The Ultimate Addiction <點金勝手> and Overachievers <名門暗戰>. She admitted she has finally moved away from the unfavorable third-wheeler and evil concubine characters. “I used to receive roles that the audience weren’t quite fond of. Although I never worried about people hating on my characters, I realized that it really does make a difference. In recent years, everyone got to know me a lot better, and I can feel that they like me more too,” Nancy said.

The actress emphasized that opportunities are meant to come at the right time rather than inappropriately early. Despite the fact that many TVB newcomers have been heavily promoted recently, Nancy believes she would not have been able to handle it if she was in their situation. She remarked, “I truly think they are much smarter than I had been at the time. It wouldn’t have mattered if I received good roles, because I wouldn’t have handled them well anyway. That’s why it’s okay if opportunities come late. It’s more important that they come at the right moment.”

However, Nancy is not against the idea that one must sometimes strive for opportunities. She revealed, “As long as you don’t hurt others in the process, of course it’s okay to try for more. When I was still a newbie, I also once knocked on a producer’s door. Honestly speaking, not many are brave enough to do it. It’s only because I’ve tried it that I know how much courage is needed. It was very awkward indeed.”

Still Waiting for Her Mr. Right

To the media’s surprise, Nancy broke up with her boyfriend Patt Shum (沈柏淳) last year, although they were speculated to be getting married. Currently single in status, Nancy shared, “I want to be dating as well, but you don’t just click with someone over a meal. Although I have a pursuer, it takes time to build up a relationship. Of course all girls hope to get married, but don’t make us sound like we’re desperate. We’re not waiting for marriage itself; we’re waiting for the right person!”

Creds: stheadline

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Usually when you have a hate-able character, it is quite hard for the audience to like you as an actor/actress. Unless you're really, really good, you'll pretty much go unnoticed. Look at Ruco, I'm pretty sure all he acted was villain role, and ever since "The Other Truth", he got his main leads.Correct me if i'm wrong.

Roger Kwok was really, really good with his villain role in Black Heart White Soul. Although he's pretty much established as an actor compared to Nancy, he deserved that TV King that year, and it was a no brainer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I think Nancy is a good actress and hopes she can get better :)

4. Nancy is cool. I like most her characters. She's one of those actors that really can play a variety of differing roles.

I like her in olden day series too... (Y) hope TVB use her more

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KeNNy

KeNNy Well-Known Member

I like Rico since "date with vampire" series... He was so cool. LoL

6. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

She's a good actress but she's usually playing unlikable roles, now that more artists are leaving, she should get more lead, likable roles.

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Nancy Wu was a long standing Keh Leh Feh; one of the crowd of supporting actors and actresses in TVB's stable of background people. What allowed her to rise to the fore was the fact that TVB began losing so many top tier names, such that the peripheral people like Wu got named also. The interesting thing about it is, that Wu isn't really that good looking. In fact, I find her extremely mediocre, bordering on ugly. What's powerful about her and the bevy of Keh Leh Feh's is that they're all very capable thespians. IMHO, they're actually much better than the bulk of TVB's much higher paid stars. So when TVB ran out of these main attractions, they were lucky enough to have these second tier that, while not as pretty, can literally act circles around their better labeled counterparts.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Yes he was!! Too bad he turned bad and corrupted half way through the series lol..!

I always liked 'Fok Sang' the little vampire brother more

9. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

TVB needs to give her a lead role, like lead lead...I feel in OT, she is co-lead with Krystal, who in my opinion, also a very great actress

10. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to him? You always see these cute kids that are in TVB/ATV but never see them afterwards...

I think Nancy's cute, def a great actress, glad she stayed humbled and continued to work hard!

11. KeNNy

KeNNy Well-Known Member

They should make a movie version of it and split it into a trilogy or something. Ekin should be the lead actor!

12. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

Nancy's Mr. Right???

• Like Like x 1
  13. new bf had washroom session with Jeana :shino:
    :kenn::kenn:

14. machwnor

machwnor Well-Known Member

i think nancy is not bad of a actress. her recent series are pretty good.

15. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Good job on her - I think she's a good actress

16. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

I think Nancy is a very smart women and a very good actress, I hope she receives more recognition and appreciation before she too decides to leave TVB

17. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

Just wondering if Coffee was there too??? :lol::rofl::rofl2:

18. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

lmao, she should've been on top a long ass time ago. Instead, they put linda chung, myolie, and kate as a top list actress in tvb....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

19. x_divinity

x_divinity Well-Known Member

I really like Nancy's acting and personality and I'm glad she's finally getting some recognition. +oil!

20. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

So true, but you know it not about how good they can act.