Myolie and Tavia pushes Angela to take centrestage

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Myolie88, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Myolie88

Myolie88 Banned

Myolie%20091205.jpg

Myolie%20091205-1.jpg

Myolie Wu, Angela Tong and Tavia Yeung were the guests at a sushi shop’s ribbon-cutting ceremony. As Angela’s popularity has been rising meteorically, both Tavia and Myolie seemed to reach an unspoken agreement and pushed Angela to take centrestage. However, in terms of the number of fans, Angela’s newfound status could not match the two leading ladies!

This is Angela’s first time officiating at a ribbon-cutting ceremony, and she said that the pay was good. The job was recommended by a very old acquaintance, and she said she was lucky she did not change her phone number.

Playing two roles (herself and Lai Siew Ho) has resulted in Angela having to go through 3-4 make up sessions. More problematic was her hair – thanks to the blow-drying, straightening, curling, etc. that has been done, her hair has been damaged. When asked why she did not just rebond her hair, she said that that she preferred her naturally curly hair.

Although Angela has been really busy, she has been able to cope. Luckily for her, her parents have returned to Hong Kong, so she does not need to worry about household chores or her pets. In addition, her parents also prepare lots of food and tonics for her. She said, “ I used to resist eating birds’ nest previously. It was expensive, and I was afraid that if I got hooked on it, I would eat myself into bankruptcy. Now, I have my mom who cooks it for me, so even if I do not get enough sleep, I don’t need to worry about bad skin or dark eye circles.

Myolie’s new serial is going head to head with Francis’ ATV drama, The Great Adventure. Myolie said, “Francis is my master (sifu), and if my serial’s ratings do triumph over his, it would be a case of blind luck.” Referring to Liza praising Myolie during her interview, she was asked since they got along so well, would they consider bringing their relationship to another level. Myolie laughed and said there were no plans.

Tavia has recently invested a six-digit figure to open a family business (a shop teaching handicraft). She said, “my sister has always been very good in creating handicrafts using glutinous rice paper, and my mother can teach people to knit. (Did your boyfriend chip in?) Many of my friends helped. (So, did your boyfriend help financially?) None of my friends were willing to chip in with cash. But I will get my friends in the entertainment business to come and learn!”

Photo and story sources: Takungpao, Ming Pao Daily

Tvbe blogspot