Music question help!

Discussion in 'Performers' started by qwertybo, Oct 22, 2008.

1. qwertybo

qwertybo Member

OKAY, now, I rap and make remixs + songs and stuff or try to atleast. I was wondering, say somebody famous already has a name, such as Yung Joc or Lil Wayne and I release an album with the name Yung Joc or Lil Wayne, Can I get sued or anything? Because I use to use the name Jaytee but I changed it because there is some rapper name Jay Tee from a group called N2DEEP and he is "famous" I believe. So I changed my name to Yung Dreamz. Although there is nobody famous named Yung Dreamz I found somebody on myspace music that had it and I found it around 2 weeks after I chose the name. I dont know if hes famous maybe released a mixtape tho. Now Im choosing not to worry about him since he isnt signed to a Record Label or anything but it was a good idea I changed my name from Jaytee yes? But I really like this name I dont wish to change it but I dont want anything going on thas not good T______T

Just really need some help on this >_<

Also, Here is my old stuff www.youtube.com/jaytee0913
    new myspace (new name) www.myspace.com/yungdreamzmusic

the OTHER yung dreamz i found T____T www.myspace.com/tray289

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

yes you can be sued for using some1 else's name IF they have time to find out

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Yes, you can be sued

4. good you changed the name...... cause yeah you could be sued for it.....

5. qwertybo

qwertybo Member

well do you think that other guy with the name Yung Dreamz can do anything to me? since he isnt famous or anything, is ther a place i can put rigths on the name for me?

6. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

If he's not famous I doubt he'll bother suing you. It's only famous people suing to save their reputation and such

7. sfucal

sfucal Member

remember boys and girls, only the rich can steal content and name it as origional.. cause their lawyers are gooood

8. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, think of the good side, if u win , u get money , if u lose, then ur pked :p

9. TrueTai

TrueTai Member

you are so good