MP3 Player... Sony or Samsung??

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by ~*Dawn*~, Oct 27, 2007.

?

Sony or Samsung???

1. Sony

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Samsung

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Others (please specify other models)

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. i've had my iPod for at least 3 yrs n the battery is dying n the sound quality is really bad... so i thought perhaps it's abt time to get myself an mp3 player for christmas... so now the question is wot to get?? iPods r way over prised (i dunno y i bought the last one... oh no wait... my fd got me a discount) anyway... so i'm down to Sony or Samsung...

[​IMG]
    Sony NW-E016F around AUD$180
    Capacity1: 4GB
    Supported AudioFormats: MP3 / WMA2 / AAC2 / ATRAC / PCM (Linear-PCM)
    Display: 3-line Colour LCD
    PC Connection: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant): USB A plug
    Clear Audio Technology: Clear Stereo / Clear Bass
    FM Tuner: Yes
    FM Frequency Range: 87.5 to 108.0 MHz
    Power Source: Built-in Li-ion Rechargeable Battery
    USB power (from a computer or etc., through the USB connector of the player)
    Charging Time: Approx. 60 mins
    Continuous Playback Time: Music Approx. 30 hrs3
    Dimensions: Approx. W82.9 x H22.4 x D13.6mm (projecting parts not included)
    Maximum Dimensions: Approx. W83.1 x H22.8 x D14.2mm
    Weight: Approx. 29g

[​IMG]
    Samsung T10 4GB for AUD$199
    Bluetooth with 2 headset support (1:2)
    2" QVGA (320x240) TFT LCD
    Video playback at 30fps (frames-per-second)
    DNSe™ (Digital Natural Sound engine) Technology
    Flash animated menu, text viewer
    FM Radio, Voice recording, FM REC
    Available in 2GB, 4GB, 8GB
    Up to 30hrs audio playback battery
    Up to 4hrs video playback battery
    Supports many file formats: WMV,MPEG, JPEG, MP3, WMA, OGG, TXT
    Available in 5 Different colours – Black, White, Red, Green, Purple

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

the sony, more capacity and cheaper is better, unless u really want to watch videos on a tiny screen.

fuk my 3 year old ipod's sound quality is terrible too, i want to upgrade to an iPod touch, but there just isnt enough capacity on those things for my huge music collection

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

samsung definitely...the sony one looks like a cheap mp3 player...theres only a $19 difference right

And the old sony mp3 players use SonicStage (which i absolutely hate) to transfer, but i don't trust sony audio products...had bad experience here.

4. but they r both 4GB -unsure...

n for $19 more i get to watch video and bluetooth connection... but the thing is more chunky...

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

oh, hahaha i misread, if the samsung is 4 gb too, then get it for sure

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

yup get the Samsung fo sure:

[youtube]ElmYErogOQo[/youtube]

7. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Like Fearless and NAS have already said. Get the Samsung one. I don't know if you still have to, but for Sony MP3 players you need to install this program to add music, which is total crap. The program alone is to much of a hassle.

My friend has the Samsung one and its pretty good for the price. Besides Sony MP3 players aren't really that good anyways. Might as well throw in the extra $19 for the better quality product and you get video as a bonus to.

8. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Before I recommend anything. What's most important to you when you're shopping for an mp3 player? Is it the way it looks? The sound quality? Storage? Price? Not too crazy over the user interface on the Samsung. It's something I get annoyed over quite easily and it'll find itself speed towards a solid wall.

Sound quality wise, Kenwood is at the top of the game.
    More specifically the Kenwood HD series.

Also you can go for Meizu players. They're lesser known but they make excellent products at exceptional prices.

If you can stretch your budget by a little the Cowon D2 is a great choice. Nice little player with tons of tricks up its sleeves.

#8 kontradictions, Oct 27, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  9. i think sound quality n life-span is wot i worry most...

my fds tell me sony live longer than samsung... n i dunno if i should believe them... -unsure

10. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

12. i dun even know those brands.... -sweat

i need a guy in my life hahaha...

13. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

meizu is a chinese brand... its pretty obscure, i dunno where u can buy them

14. will i b able to find zune or meizu in australia?? -huh?

15. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol i just looked it up, i dont think u can actually get Zunes in australia.. suprising, considering i thought microsoft was pretty much global

16. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

What are you looking for?? Just music playback at great audio quality with extra features??

I used to have a Zen V before I sold it to upgrade, and it's sound quality is good. Videos aren't that good because its such a small screen, but it was good.

Creative and Cowon are known really well for their audio quality

Zune 1 never made it to Australia, so I don't think the second generation will be coming here any time soon.

But the really important thing is, what are you planning to use your MP3 for? Audio? Video? Photo? Maybe looking for some additional features??

Also, make sure your most used audio/video format is supported. Really sucks if you have a big proportion of your music in a format that the MP3 doesn't support, it could take ages to convert

Err that's about how much I can think of at the top of my head.

17. hmmmm... i mainly use it for audio i suppose... music to keep me going at the gym n keeping me awake on the bus... i'm really picky with sound quality... n storage around 4GB would b enuf for me... n hey... i wouldn't mind getting something with a good design but that's bonus :p

btw... thx knoc knoc...

18. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Err also another thing, Have you checked reviews of these 2 MP3's?? Because you need to make sure that the hours that they say there actually live up to them.. No use finding out that it says 30 hours and only plays 20..

Also, different audio files and kps can affect the battery life.

And, because you are going to use it at the gym, I don't think a screen player would be that wise, unless you are willing to buy cases for it. Size of the two would also have to come into consideration then

19. most of my mp3s r 320k but i never expect the battery to last as long as wot they state anyway

hmmmm... my ancient iPod came with a clippy thingy so i can clip it on my clothes at the gym... i wonder if something similar comes with the samsung one... of not i'll put it in a case i guess...