More celebs embroiled in Eason Chan marriage drama

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Harrison, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Harrison

Harrison Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HONG KONG : Hong Kong singer Kay Tse has been rumoured to be the third party in the marriage between singer Eason Chan and his wife, former actress Hilary Tsui, for several months now, causing much tention between the couple. And now two more celebrities are embroiled in all the drama.

It was reported that Tsui left her daughter behind and travelled to Tokyo with Hong Kong star Edison Chen while Chan was away in Shanghai working.

When asked what he thought about the rumour, Chan displayed a sense of nonchalance, saying, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that everyone is happy!"

Chan, 35, later added, "I am beginning to suspect that someone is behind this rumour. Initially, I did not mind. However, this has recently gotten out of hand and is becoming something of a joke."

The person in question that Chan is referring to is rumoured to be singer Denise Ho, making her the latest addition to this growing scandal.

"This whole issue has been very odd. The story keeps changing and is beginning to resemble a television drama serial. I thought that the report was senseless and did not read it," said Tse.

She admitted that she was oblivious to the gossip surrounding her and maintained that there was no sense of awkwardness between her and Chan.

However, Ming Pao Daily reported that at an event to mark the 50th anniversary of a broadcast station on Monday, Chan did not join Tse for a group photograph.

And when asked about Tse being criticised by fans for the rumours surrounding the scandal, Chan indignantly replied, "What has this got to do with me? I am bored of this. She and I are friends and are from the same company. This whole situation is beginning to get absurd."

Chan said that he is more concerned about the reports being read by youngsters who might not be able to distinguish between the truth and gossip, especially in tabloid magazines. Thankfully his daughter will not come into contact with such magazines at home, he added.

Sources: Channel News Asia

#1 Harrison, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009