MC Jin's Baby Son Chance!

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jun 7, 2012.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

mc-jin-baby-chance.jpg

Chinese-American rap artist and actor, MC Jin (歐陽靖), posted a photo of his newborn son, Chance, on his personal blog on June 4th. Turning 30 years old recently, the devout Christian was excited in becoming a father and enter a new stage in life. Apparently, he also decided it was time to leave Hong Kong and move back to New York.

MC-Jin-son-Chance.jpg After filming TVB drama, Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒>, Jin halted his work in Hong Kong to return to New York. He wished to accompany his wife, Carol, in the final weeks of her pregnancy. It was understood that Carol gave birth to their first baby, Chance on June 1st. Appreciative of the pain that all mothers endure in childbirth, Jin wrote on his blog, “A word to The Wife…You are amazing.”

Moves Back to New York

After making a name for himself as a rap artist in the United States, MC Jin released the Cantonese rap song, ABC, in 2007. In the song, Jin introduced himself as an ABC or American-Born Chinese. The humorous lyrics resonated with numerous overseas born Chinese. After trying to push his rap music career to greater heights in Hong Kong and acting in TVB, he decided to move back to the United States.

Jin wrote, “After living in Hong Kong for 4 years, it felt like my experience there was nearing its end and it was time to transition into the next chapter of whatever God has in store for me.” With his wife, Carol, living in New York, Jin, and his newborn son’s birth, Jin may have felt the need to return to the United States to be more involved with the family.

Jin aptly titled his new English rap song, Brand New Me, to reflect the recent changes in his life.

[video=youtube;822oS6UVtV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=822oS6UVtV4[/video]

Creds: MCJin/ihktv

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Found out about this news through his Twitter few days ago, congrats to him!

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

this is so last week lol

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Probably goes back once in a while to HK when he gets a job.

5. less jin:trollface2:

6. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

That's too back, his career in HK was pretty good and he gotten a lot of opportunities as well. Hope he'll work something out.

7. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

While I do wish Jin stays in HK, but family first no matter what.

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

he's releasing an English Album this year so he's gonna be busy in the States doing shows

9. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i thought he had a girl... :facepalm:

10. tinywarrior

tinywarrior Active Member

Good to hear from him again :D

11. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I think he's making a mistake. He's probably got a lot higher probability of making it in HK. Even though the US music market is bigger, Asians still aren't yet the household presence of US consumers. I thought his TVB exposure was going to get better and he should have stuck around for a few more series.

Also, no offense but the lyrics to his new song sounds really lame. Given his past as being able to use free style verse to do battle, his "Brand New Me" frankly sucks royally :facepalm:

Here's the 'real' Jin:

[video=google;823290742113537698]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=823290742113537698[/video]

Best was the last round.

#11 ralphrepo, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I think ever since he became a Christian, he's changed totally to a "brand new him". The lyrics may be lame, but i think it's what describes his new self the best in his own words.

13. mr_evolution

Wait Google Video still exists?

14. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

His Christianity isn't at all an issue, just his lack of professional musical skill in this song. A good rapper or music artist isn't about cuss words; rather, free style battle rappers need to think on their feet and come up with retorts almost at a moments notice. He was able to do that before. But now? with this "Brand New Me" thing, he looks to have lost all his creative mojo. The lyrics IMHO, are simplistic rhymes melded with an uninspired syncopation that, for all intents, sounded like something randomly selected from a reject pile of audition tracks.

15. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

right with you here ralph.

16. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I always thought Jin's career in the music industry was over a long time ago. When he went over to Hong Kong and sucked up to a few big people I thought it was smart of him to change his focus to Hong Kong where people actually believe he's the shit, when in reality he was forgotten a long time ago in America. Honestly, I thought his music in Hong Kong was shit lol and he should just stick to acting and doing other non-music artist things in TVB if he wants to maintain his fame. Unless he doesn't mind losing the fame he has right now, his wife should probably consider sacrificing for him and moving to Hong Kong. Bottom line: Jin should keep sucking up to TVB to earn that powder milk money! Or a nanny if thats what he wants his kid to have instead.

I remember the period of time where he was just a myspace whore and even went as far as browse his fans pages. He commented on my myspace once asking why I crossed him off my "Who I'd Like To Meet" list :facepalm:

17. mr_evolution

And why did you?

18. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

because I already met him

19. mcjin

mcjin New Member

Appreciate that Kevin.